This topic is specifically designed for media or other requests for information / help from Mumsnet members. We ask those organisations requesting help here to pay a fee of £30 per request as a contribution to the site (when you've typed in your request, you will automatically be taken to a WorldPay page where you can pay by credit card). Many thanks. NOTE: Mumsnet does not check the content of these requests nor verify any links posted here; we'd like to remind you that it's wise always to be cautious about disclosing any personal data.

Mail On Sunday writer looking to interview other Lindo Wing mothers who gave birth in July 2013

(165 Posts)
MEDIA: amyoliver1234 Tue 23-Jul-13 17:29:46

Hi,

I'm looking to interview and photograph new mothers who gave birth at the Lindo Wing in St Mary's Hospital, London, this week or earlier this month. The piece will be included in our commemorative Royal baby edition this weekend so it'll be a nice keepsake! I'd need to have a quick chat with you over the phone and we can send a photographer to you. Your newborn will also need to be pictured.

It would be great to hear from interested mothers ASAP, but latest by Friday 9am. Please email me on amy.oliver@mailonsunday.co.uk or phone on 020 3615 1819.

Many Thanks

Amy Oliver
Feature Writer
Mail On Sunday

Talkinpeace Tue 23-Jul-13 19:03:46

Offensive intrusion into a family's private time.

BitBewildered Tue 23-Jul-13 19:06:34

You could at least apologise for being a Mail writer! FFS!

sillyname Tue 23-Jul-13 19:08:36

You have got to kidding, right?

This takes your rag to an all time low.

RedPencils Tue 23-Jul-13 19:11:18

She's just given birth, leave her alone.

Eyesunderarock Tue 23-Jul-13 19:11:20

You do realise the general opinion that most MNetters have of the DM and its associated papers?
Most of them apologise if using a link that involves the Mail.
Try Netmums.

ComtesseDeFrouFrou Tue 23-Jul-13 19:12:02

Good luck with that Amy hmm

I suspect you might not find Mumsnet the most fertile hunting ground for fodder for your piece.

MoreThanWords Tue 23-Jul-13 19:12:29

Try Ben Fogle's sister ...

DameFanny Tue 23-Jul-13 19:12:53

Insightful journalism hmm

Reality Tue 23-Jul-13 19:14:00

Christ on a fucking bike.

Oh, look, over there. It's the sandwiches you're missing from your picnic.

YoniRanger Tue 23-Jul-13 19:18:58

Really?

You really think anyone is stupid enough to believe that you just want a chat and a pic?

We know you want gossip and tittle tattle about Kate.

You are vile creatures.

RandallPinkFloyd Tue 23-Jul-13 19:19:53

ODFOTAD

GettingVerySleepy Tue 23-Jul-13 19:22:44

All the damage the mail does to women on a daily basis and you think we're going to help you? Really? I have a better idea, how about a story on this? m.youtube.com/watch?v=OiAffX0x04k&desktop_uri=/watch?v=OiAffX0x04k

Pan Tue 23-Jul-13 19:22:46

Oh do fuck off there's a dear? (speculating on, and supporting the notion, at the same time.)

Twirlyhot Tue 23-Jul-13 19:28:25

Über troll

Backpaw Tue 23-Jul-13 19:29:44

Now be polite to our guest. She obviously drew the short straw in the press meeting.

Not exactly a 'story' or even a colour piece is it? "Woman Gives Birth. In Hospital!"

I suppose the media can't break their necks to snap the royal baby they are trying to keep up 'baby mania'. I'm sure they aren't being sneaky enough to be trying for 'Kate yells the F word to Wills!' Or 'William caught pacing and smoking' or 'Baby Swap Fiasco at the Lindo - They mixed the future king with my little Brenda' or 'Kate asks for 'a nice cuppa' after birth'.

RandallPinkFloyd Tue 23-Jul-13 19:29:57

wink

Onesleeptillwembley Tue 23-Jul-13 19:30:03

Oh pkease - whilst absolutely wishing them no harm, enough is enough! Hours of the outside of buildings, now you want to fill space with much of the same crap. Don't you have an imagination? Lazy, boring, unimaginative crap.

Twirlyhot Tue 23-Jul-13 19:32:33

It's the Daily Mail. So many women to judge, so little time ...

EeTraceyluv Tue 23-Jul-13 19:34:36

hmm doesn't mumsnet charge for these media threads? maybe blame MN for letting her put it here when they really should know the majority opinion..

Backpaw Tue 23-Jul-13 19:35:03

I thought the Mail liked the Cambridge's?

PetiteRaleuse Tue 23-Jul-13 19:35:40

Why? Just why?

tribpot Tue 23-Jul-13 19:36:25

Oh please. If this were really a background piece on what it's like giving birth in the Lindo Wing you could have done the interviews yonks ago and had a couple of women due in July ready to give the story a bit of currency. You're trawling for patients who were admitted at the same time as the Duchess of Cambridge - who is as entitled to her privacy (and confidentiality before you go after her care team) as any other patient.

PS Take down the sidebar of shame.

ComtesseDeFrouFrou Tue 23-Jul-13 19:38:03

Backpaw I think the point is not whether the Mail likes the Cambridges, but why the Mail is such a hotbed of misogyny, sexism and downright vitriol against women in general and in particular. Plus, it's a non-story: woman who is not Kate Middleton gives birth to baby that is not the Prince of Cambridge.

Sheshelob Tue 23-Jul-13 19:39:20

Ha ha ha ha ha.

Brilliant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now