This topic is specifically designed for media or other requests for information / help from Mumsnet members. We ask those organisations requesting help here to pay a fee of £30 per request as a contribution to the site (when you've typed in your request, you will automatically be taken to a WorldPay page where you can pay by credit card). Many thanks. NOTE: Mumsnet does not check the content of these requests nor verify any links posted here; we'd like to remind you that it's wise always to be cautious about disclosing any personal data.

If you've got five minutes to spare, could you please fill out this short survey for my dissertation on women's online politicised communities? [Cross Post from Feminism chat]

(12 Posts)
yumyumhelen Tue 16-Jul-13 13:25:28

Hello everyone! I am an undergraduate just going into my fourth year at Glasgow University. I would be so so grateful if you could take a few minutes to fill out this short survey for my geography (it's not all maps!) dissertation. You can answer as many or as few questions as you feel necessary!

My main aims are:

To explore what key issues are discussed in women?s online and offline communities

To establish the reasons behind the creation of an online space exclusively for women

To compare motives for traditional (offline) forms of political action with online action

To explore how women use, encounter and interpret online politicised spaces within the context of their offline worlds

I would be grateful for any participation on your part. Thank you for taking the time to read this information and for your participation in my project.

If you require any further information at all, please don't hesitate to ask me!

Survey link: http://tolu.na/19FrVZW

yumyumhelen Tue 16-Jul-13 14:00:05

Found the email address!

yumyumhelen Tue 16-Jul-13 13:56:44

Eek, SoupDragon, I have not done this, thank you for pointing this out. I assumed since it is an open community this would be ok. If you could point me in the direction of who to contact I will address this immediately!

SoupDragon Tue 16-Jul-13 13:49:34

I assume you asked MNHQ if you could use MN for free research?

yumyumhelen Tue 16-Jul-13 13:47:52

Hi ParsingFancy, I think you need to make sure you still click it so it knows you haven't just forgotten about that one! I hope that works!

ParsingFancy Tue 16-Jul-13 13:46:16

Your survey doesn't allow "neither agree nor disagree" to the pull-the-bar-along Qs: it rejects the neutral position as question not answered.

yumyumhelen Tue 16-Jul-13 13:38:53

Hi, sorry I wasn't sure if it was exclusively for women or not, but with the name mumsnet I thought it might be! I'd still love for you to answer the survey, but you could note that your community isn't exclusively female. I'm just looking for anyone who identifies as a woman. Thanks!! smile

ImTooHecsyForYourParty Tue 16-Jul-13 13:34:48

I'm not a trans woman btw, I just wondered.

ImTooHecsyForYourParty Tue 16-Jul-13 13:33:44

I've got the survey open but I wanted to clarify before I worked my way through it!

ImTooHecsyForYourParty Tue 16-Jul-13 13:32:59

You know mumsnet isn't an exclusively women's space, dony you?
The name is mumsnet, but there are fathers here too.
Also non parents of both genders.
Do you still want us to participate or are you only after women who are part ofvwomen only spaces?
And when you say women only spaces do you mean born women or both born women and trans women?

yumyumhelen Tue 16-Jul-13 13:31:46

Thank you!! grin thanks

hurricanewyn Tue 16-Jul-13 13:29:35

Done!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now