This topic is specifically designed for media or other requests for information / help from Mumsnet members. We ask those organisations requesting help here to pay a fee of £30 per request as a contribution to the site (when you've typed in your request, you will automatically be taken to a WorldPay page where you can pay by credit card). Many thanks. NOTE: Mumsnet does not check the content of these requests nor verify any links posted here; we'd like to remind you that it's wise always to be cautious about disclosing any personal data.

Have you used a personal stylist, would you or would you not and why?

(9 Posts)
Fashionguru Thu 11-Jul-13 12:26:08

Hello mums out there,

Has anyone used a personal stylist (not related /affiliated with a store)?

Why did you prefer using them instead of a store one if you did?

And if you never did or never plan to use one, what are your reasons?

Interested to see opinions of moms on the matter...

Thank you

BabyBrainMom Thu 11-Jul-13 12:32:08

Just to add I am in the UK and interested in the opinions of UK momsxx

Karbea Thu 11-Jul-13 12:38:53

I've used an in store one (selfridges), I guess the main reason I'd use a store one rather than a non related one, is the cost is included in what I'm buying. If I was to use a non affiliated one I'd want a discount on the clothes I guess to cover the cost.
I guess I don't really know what a non affiliated one would offer over one in store.

Doesn't really answer your question but hope it helps.

LoopyLooplaHoop Thu 11-Jul-13 12:41:50

Cost is the only real factor. Not something I've ever considered spending money on, and it's one of those services that are so rarely used I have no idea of the cost, which means it's likely to be too expensive.

LoopyLooplaHoop Thu 11-Jul-13 12:42:23

Plus, should this be in media/non-media requests? Is it market research?

homebythesea Thu 11-Jul-13 12:44:10

I think you'd have to be pretty brave to pay someone to be brutally honest about your clothes/ style. This is what would put me off!

Januarymadness Thu 11-Jul-13 12:51:18

No because I like MY style I dont want to be like everyone else (even though my style is fairly mainstream thats not the point)

shopafrolic Thu 11-Jul-13 13:53:26

Are you one and the same then BabyBrainMom and FashionGuru? Is this a market research question?
Happy to answer and have used a personal stylist (not store affiliated) but I think this might be posted in the wrong place if it's market research?

BabyBrainMom Thu 11-Jul-13 14:15:24

Yes it the same and for market research, I thought this was best topic to post the question in, should I have used another topic?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now