This topic is specifically designed for media or other requests for information / help from Mumsnet members. We ask those organisations requesting help here to pay a fee of £30 per request as a contribution to the site (when you've typed in your request, you will automatically be taken to a WorldPay page where you can pay by credit card). Many thanks. NOTE: Mumsnet does not check the content of these requests nor verify any links posted here; we'd like to remind you that it's wise always to be cautious about disclosing any personal data.

Mum and baby comedy?

(9 Posts)
DeedsNotWords Sun 07-Jul-13 15:39:44

Hi there... I was wondering if any mums of babies/toddlers in the Bristol area would be interested in daytime comedy events that they can bring the kids to? Ie, breastfeeding is welcome, noise is expected, space for buggies etc. I already run a comedy night in Bristol that promotes women comedians (What The Frock!), and have recently had two mums mention to me that they'd really like a daytime event they can bring their little children to. So I wondered what other people think? Thanks!

No, of course not! grin

My sister does the baby cinema thing and loves it, we live near Bristol.

DeedsNotWords Sun 07-Jul-13 16:26:49

That's useful, thanks. I'm thinking two types of events might be good - ie, one aimed specifically at young children (ie, aged 5-12, for eg), which would have family-friendly comedy suitable for young ears.

And another for mums to bring very small babies/children to (a bit like the cine-scream events at cinemas). There are a few in London that seem popular, and a couple of mums have mentioned it to me recently, so I'm just interested to find out what other local mums think.

It's probably impossible to find any comedy that absolutely everybody will like, but we can do our best ;-)

And also, I don't have very young dc (they are 6 and 9) so I'd answer your question thus:

Yes, taking them to a daytime comedy event, for example during the summer hols, might be really fun. I'd wonder whether the comedy would be something we'd all find funny... But if so, yes, we'd enjoy an event like that.

DeedsNotWords Sun 07-Jul-13 16:17:45

Phew, thank you smile

Didn't annoy me smile just being helpful, like.

DeedsNotWords Sun 07-Jul-13 16:14:34

Apologies, am not a regular on forums. Didn't mean to annoy!

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 07-Jul-13 15:54:30

Hello

We've moved this to Media/Non-Member requests now

I've heard that What the Frock is very good, but it's bad form to just post a thread like this. There's a section for non-member / media requests, MNHQ can advise...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now