This topic is specifically designed for media or other requests for information / help from Mumsnet members. We ask those organisations requesting help here to pay a fee of £30 per request as a contribution to the site (when you've typed in your request, you will automatically be taken to a WorldPay page where you can pay by credit card). Many thanks. NOTE: Mumsnet does not check the content of these requests nor verify any links posted here; we'd like to remind you that it's wise always to be cautious about disclosing any personal data.

PARENTS OF UNDER 5s – HOW DO YOU SLEEP? HOW DO YOU FEEL? Please tell us in this university-based survey into this under-researched area.

(47 Posts)
MEDIA: Bristololdtrout Sun 30-Jun-13 16:55:36

Do your children sleep like angels or give you nights from hell (or both)? Whatever your experiences we would like to invite you to contribute to our survey.

To take part, you need to live with, and have parental responsibility for, at least one healthy child aged under 5 years. You may have older children too.

When people become parents, their sleep patterns often change significantly but the possible impact of this on such things as everyday attention, memory, mood and general functioning is not well understood.

The aim of this study is to explore whether parents' sleep patterns are associated which these things. To do this, we are seeking participants with a wide range of parenting-related sleep experiences.

There are lots of question in this survey but it only takes about 20 minutes to complete.

If you would like to take part, please follow this link:

http://www.survey.bris.ac.uk/bathspa/sleep

Bristololdtrout Mon 29-Jul-13 00:07:36

Hi TinyDiamond, thank you so much for trying and I'm sorry it didn't work after all your effort. Another Mumsnetter raised this and, after making enquiries, I was told by the survey provider that there can be a problem with tablets and they don't have a solution to offer I'm afraid. It's very frustrating. They are planning updates but not in time for this study. I will publish a summary of findings through Mumsnet in due course which I hope will be of interest to you. Best wishes

TinyDiamond Sun 28-Jul-13 23:16:30

just spent ages doing your survey but couldn't submit as my tablet wouldn't let me input the date at all. the calendar box flashes up for a second but won't let you touch it. very frustrating couldn't submit without the date bit so bit of a waste there. I am on android so maybe that's it

Bristololdtrout Thu 25-Jul-13 14:47:51

The survey is still live, thank you kind people.

Bristololdtrout Fri 19-Jul-13 22:59:38

Going great everyone, thank you so far. Please let's keep it going!

Bristololdtrout Fri 12-Jul-13 23:47:25

It's the wild card in the whole survey to be sure but sleepy mums have complained of being more than usually bruised and the right/left Qs do have a serious reason behind them. Please don't feel you must answer and thank you for trying!

OnTheRunFromTheAcademe Fri 12-Jul-13 17:46:00

I got to the bit about how many times I had bumped myself on the left side and the right side in the last seven days and gave up.

Can people seriously answer that???? How?!???

It look interesting. I do wish you luck. Maybe I'll try again when I have a bit more time.

JaquelineHyde Thu 11-Jul-13 21:58:42

Done.

HRHwheezing Thu 11-Jul-13 21:24:06

I have done the survey

Snazzyenjoyingsummer Thu 11-Jul-13 21:21:56

Doing it now

Trills Thu 11-Jul-13 21:20:25

If the answer is "like shit" we could take this and use it for a preventing-teenage-pregnancy campaign grin

Bristololdtrout Thu 11-Jul-13 21:11:45

Yes blush

Meglet Thu 11-Jul-13 21:09:51

Done.

pookamoo Thu 11-Jul-13 21:03:38

Done

Laughed at the bit where you asked if it's hard to stay concentrated on something once you've started... what, like a survey with lots of questions?

wink

Bristololdtrout Thu 11-Jul-13 20:42:38

The survey techies tell me androids may not always work for this kind of survey. I'm sorry about that, especially as you were willing to take part. Thank you for trying.

Dysgu Thu 11-Jul-13 19:22:43

Done - will try to get DP to fill it in too (if he can stay awake long enough grin )

Bristololdtrout Wed 10-Jul-13 15:56:37

Android isn't making it easy, HorryIsUpduffed and KKFOREVER. I'm not techie savvy enough to know why I'm afraid. I'll see if I can find out.

Bristololdtrout Tue 09-Jul-13 21:43:44

Ooops, sorry. Bit of an intermittent internet problem today and seem to have posted a similar message three times in my eagerness to reply!

KFFOREVER Tue 09-Jul-13 20:31:16

Im having trouble completing the survey on android so will have to do it on the laptop when if ds goes to bed. Oh the irony.

Bristololdtrout Tue 09-Jul-13 20:27:46

Hello Everyone and thank yo for keeping this thread live. Hi 5madthings. Thank you for your offer. If you have some fb friends who have under 5s I would be very grateful to have the link passed along. I've done the same myself smile

Bristololdtrout Tue 09-Jul-13 17:23:23

Hello everyone and thank you for your responses so far. Thank you for your offer 5madthings and, if you have fb contacts with parents of under 5s, then yes please! I've stayed with Mumsnet so far because the survey is based on issues raised in its forums but have myself asked fb friends who I know for sure have under 5s. The more the merrier.

Bristololdtrout Tue 09-Jul-13 15:17:22

Thank you for your support everyone! Hi 5madthings, my survey is based on issues Mumsnetters have raised with regard to their sleep so it seemed logical to came back to them for this phase. However, I have used fb to send the link to people that I know personally and am sure are parents of under 5s! If you know people on fb who are parents of under 5s then, certainly, I would be delighted if you would encourage them to take part. Thank you for offering.

GibberTheMonkey Tue 09-Jul-13 00:37:16

I've just done it. Putting off going to bed as I can hear dh snoring wink

Marking place to do in the morning...

5madthings Tue 09-Jul-13 00:22:46

Marking place and will do it in the morningvas i should be asleep now...

If you want more people to do survey is it ok to share link on fb?

Bristololdtrout Tue 09-Jul-13 00:10:35

Thank you everyone who has responded. I do need more to make some meaningful analyses so please do take part!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now