This topic is specifically designed for media or other requests for information / help from Mumsnet members. We ask those organisations requesting help here to pay a fee of £30 per request as a contribution to the site (when you've typed in your request, you will automatically be taken to a WorldPay page where you can pay by credit card). Many thanks. NOTE: Mumsnet does not check the content of these requests nor verify any links posted here; we'd like to remind you that it's wise always to be cautious about disclosing any personal data.

Entrepreneurs Help Needed

(5 Posts)
makeusawebsite Thu 13-Jun-13 23:43:07

Hello everyone,

I have a plea for help!

As part of my work I have been tasked with undertaking research looking into women in business in the UK, and their relationship with technology. Only around 30% of the self employed in the UK are women, and only around 17% of businesses are majority owned by women.

In relation to this there are also significant differences in the ways men and women use computers. Most importantly I am also researching some of the prejudices and opportunities (or lack of) afforded to women in I.T, from school age onwards.

As part of my study I am hoping to engage with female business entrepreneurs, those considering going into business, and women who may have previously been in business.

If you could spare 5 minutes to complete a short survey I have created it would be massively appreciated. I will share the outcomes on this forum, and of course my report which I will be completing in the next month.

The survey can be found below, and there is also a link on the left of the survey page to share it on Facebook/Twitter, which would also be a great help to ensure we gain as much input as possible.

www.makeusawebsite.com/empowering-women-in-business/

If any of your can also spare some time to do a short telephone interview, please drop me a private message. It would be especially useful to talk to female entrepreneurs who are self employed in a tech-reliant business, or puerly online business.

Thanks for your time, especially if you are able to take the survey.

Adele
MakeUsAWebsite

wplum Fri 14-Jun-13 11:34:30

Done.

makeusawebsite Fri 14-Jun-13 13:34:42

Thanks that is brilliant. I have had three people take the survey so far, so if any of you can also share this with your friends who may be self employed it would really help.

makeusawebsite Fri 14-Jun-13 19:20:16

I am up to 7 smile

HolidayMummy Fri 21-Jun-13 10:01:53

Hi. I don't know if its any help to what you are trying to do. But I became disabled relatively recently so can no longer go out to work - I used to be a Chartered Accountant working in Investment Banking in the City. So, I set up a new website business www.RecommendedFamilyHolidays.com to keep my mind busy since my body wouldn't work properly! I learnt all the new skills such as setting up & running a website - I learnt Dreamweaver & do everything on my site. Would that be a help to you & what you are trying to do?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now