This topic is specifically designed for media or other requests for information / help from Mumsnet members. We ask those organisations requesting help here to pay a fee of £30 per request as a contribution to the site (when you've typed in your request, you will automatically be taken to a WorldPay page where you can pay by credit card). Many thanks. NOTE: Mumsnet does not check the content of these requests nor verify any links posted here; we'd like to remind you that it's wise always to be cautious about disclosing any personal data.

Please help lovely mumsnetters – research into sibling relationships

(4 Posts)
MEDIA: Olivia Jellicoe Tue 11-Jun-13 11:36:48

What is it about?

I am carrying out a research project into sibling relationships as part of my MSc in Experimental Psychology at the University of Sussex.

The aim of the study is to understand the different experiences of siblings.

What does it involve?

The study is carried out entirely by post to be as convenient as possible for the families taking part. It involves a 10 minute questionnaire for one parent and a 5 minute questionnaire for the child between 11-16 years old.

All families who take part will be sent a newsletter containing the main findings and will have helped to improve the understanding of different experiences of siblings which may help in the design of interventions in the future.

Who can take part?

I am looking for two sets of families:

1.Families with two (or more) children – one of the children between the ages of 11-16.

2.Families with one child with Down’s syndrome (of any age) and at least one other child aged 11-16.

Next steps

Please get in touch if you would like any further information, have any questions about the study or would like to take part: oj34@sussex.ac.uk

I would be incredibly grateful for any help at all!

regina22623 Tue 11-Jun-13 17:21:37

Looks a great study - I'm emailing you now to take part! Good luck with it.

ashlin1226 Wed 26-Jun-13 19:21:08

Done and posted.

KnittedWaffle Wed 26-Jun-13 19:29:30

Looks like a really interesting study. Unfortunately I can't take part as my children aren't old enough.

Also wanted to say good luck - I did the same course at Sussex about 10-15 years ago. Interested to know who your tutor is (and if they were there when I was!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now