This topic is specifically designed for media or other requests for information / help from Mumsnet members. We ask those organisations requesting help here to pay a fee of £30 per request as a contribution to the site (when you've typed in your request, you will automatically be taken to a WorldPay page where you can pay by credit card). Many thanks. NOTE: Mumsnet does not check the content of these requests nor verify any links posted here; we'd like to remind you that it's wise always to be cautious about disclosing any personal data.

When parents sell your childhood home, and how it makes you feel

(1 Post)
MEDIA: expectingwriter Wed 22-May-13 09:35:53

Hello,
I'm an existing Mumsnet user who uses it as a first-time-mum-to-be, but I have a different request which I'm posting here!

My mum has just recently decided to sell our childhood/family home (she decided almost as soon as I told her I was pregnant) and I've been gutted about it. She plans to move closer to me, which is great, but I'm all sorts of upset at letting the memories of our house go. I'm a writer, and I'm writing a feature about how this feels for a (good) national newspaper - about nostalgia, memories and growing up all linked to letting go of the house I grew up in.

I know that there have been threads on here talking about how other people have coped when their parents have sold childhood homes, and I'd really like to talk to some people who've perhaps been through that stage or are going through it now to share how they felt/feel and how they coped with it to include in my piece.

Would anyone be willing to have a chat? I would love to hear from you - please could you let me know if you are interested below, and email me on expectingwriter@gmail.com so that we can chat some more about it?

Thanks so much!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now