This topic is specifically designed for media or other requests for information / help from Mumsnet members. We ask those organisations requesting help here to pay a fee of £30 per request as a contribution to the site (when you've typed in your request, you will automatically be taken to a WorldPay page where you can pay by credit card). Many thanks. NOTE: Mumsnet does not check the content of these requests nor verify any links posted here; we'd like to remind you that it's wise always to be cautious about disclosing any personal data.

Calling all parents NOT currently doing baby swimming or baby music classes!

(4 Posts)
MEDIA: HDowling Wed 01-May-13 08:59:53

Hello!
My name is Hannah and I am a trainee Clinical Psychologist. As part of my doctorate I am really interested in researching what impact taking part in structured parent-baby activities has on parents. To find out more I need both parents who are doing baby swimming classes or music and movement classes AND parents NOT doing either of these classes to complete a short online study at 3 time points.

Right now I’m looking for parents (mums and dads) of children under 12 months who are NOT doing these classes at the moment to answer the questionnaires at 3 time points. To say thank you for taking part, you can choose to be entered into prize draws (more details of prizes on link!).
I’d be really grateful if you could spare the time to complete the study. Thank you!

Below is the official information and the link to the study:

A team of researchers from The University of Manchester are interested in exploring the impact of engaging in structured parents-baby activities (baby swimming and music and movement classes) on parents compared to parents who DO NOT do either of these activities with their baby.

If you are the parent of a baby under 12 months and you are NOT currently enrolled to start a baby swimming or music and movement class with your baby would you be willing to complete a series of questionnaires at three time points approximately 3 months apart?

The questionnaires are all online and should take no more than 30 minutes to complete on each occasion. These questionnaires will ask questions about your feelings about your ability to parent, your mood, wellbeing and bonding. If you think you would like to take part in the study please click on the link below where you can find out more information about the study before completing it.

https://www.psych-ssl.manchester.ac.uk/questionnaires/participantinformation.aspx?study_id=956

If you have any questions about the study, please contact Hannah Dowling via email at the following address – Hannah.dowling@postgrad.manchester.ac.uk.

Thank you!

Done. Bumping for you.

HDowling Tue 02-Jul-13 09:21:51

Hi everyone,

I am still recruiting for this study so if anybody is NOT currently enrolled on baby swimming or baby music and movement classes and would like to take part in the research here is the link:

https://www.psych-ssl.manchester.ac.uk/questionnaires/participantinformation.aspx?study_id=956

If you have any questions please email me on: hannah.dowling@postgrad.manchester.ac.uk

Thank you very much!

Hannah

HDowling Fri 03-May-13 13:35:18

Hi,

Thank you to everyone who has completed the study already. Most parents tell me that the first questionnaire only takes 20 minutes and the follow up ones only 10/15 mintes, I know it may be off-putting thinking it would take 30 minutes at each time point!

Hannah

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now