This topic is specifically designed for media or other requests for information / help from Mumsnet members. We ask those organisations requesting help here to pay a fee of £30 per request as a contribution to the site (when you've typed in your request, you will automatically be taken to a WorldPay page where you can pay by credit card). Many thanks. NOTE: Mumsnet does not check the content of these requests nor verify any links posted here; we'd like to remind you that it's wise always to be cautious about disclosing any personal data.

Mothers' Views on HPV Vaccine- short research survey

(1 Post)
MEDIA: Hecabe DuFraisse Tue 30-Apr-13 11:01:15

Hello Mumsnetters,

If you are a mother with a daughter aged 12 years or under (right down to newborn!) we would like to hear about your views on HPV vaccination.

I am a post graduate student doing research on behalf of Bolton University, looking at mother's views on HPV vaccination.

Did you know that in the UK, cervical cancer ranks number 12 in the most common forms of female cancers, presenting around 2,800 cases and over 1,000 mortalities each year? Cervical cancer is almost exclusively caused by infection with the human papillomavirus (HPV). Therefore HPV vaccine represents a breakthrough in cancer preventions and combined with early screening it theoretically has the potential to all but eliminate the primary cause of cervical cancer.

Nevertheless, there has been some controversy associated with the vaccine, which may have influenced uptake levels The HPV vaccine is unique in that it is currently the only UK vaccine given to children to prevent sexually transmitted infection (NHS, 2012).

Evidence has shown racial and cultural discrepancies in HPV uptake and uptake intention in the UK and this study aims to gain a better understanding of the factors that influence women in deciding for or against having their daughters vaccinated against HPV. Our hope is that this research will be useful to doctors and health professionals who want to know how much information parents have been given about HPV vaccine and understand barriers to uptake within different communities.

To get involved please click the following link and complete a short questionnaire, this should take approximately 5 minutes. Rest assured all information is anonymous and confidential- Thanks for you help!

https://qtrial.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_2gmGrlX8izIoIdv

If you have any questions about this project please contact me and I will do my best to help.

Enquires to: Hecabe DuFraisse
University of Bolton
Email: hgd1hss@bolton.ac.uk

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now