This topic is specifically designed for media or other requests for information / help from Mumsnet members. We ask those organisations requesting help here to pay a fee of £30 per request as a contribution to the site (when you've typed in your request, you will automatically be taken to a WorldPay page where you can pay by credit card). Many thanks. NOTE: Mumsnet does not check the content of these requests nor verify any links posted here; we'd like to remind you that it's wise always to be cautious about disclosing any personal data.

Can't breastfeed? Help needed!

(6 Posts)
LeonieR Mon 29-Apr-13 18:06:51

Hello everyone,

My name is Leonie Roderick and I am currently writing an article on breastfeeding, and the broader social pressures that come with it (e.g. from our society, friends and family, or even doctors and nurses).

I know there?s a particular pressure among a lot of mums to breastfeed, and experiencing a feeling of failure if they can?t. That is why I am looking for mums who have chosen (willingly or unwillingly due to health issues) not to breastfeed, and are happy to speak to me about their personal experiences.

The article is part of my dissertation for my MA in Magazine Journalism (the deadline for which is the end of May). However, and only if you agree, I will try and pitch the piece to a national magazine, as I believe this is an issue that more women should know and read about!

So if you feel like you need to tell your story, please reply to this thread or send me a personal message. It will quite honestly make the piece!

Leonie

tiktok Mon 29-Apr-13 18:23:24

Reported your post, sorry. There are other boards for this.

LeonieR Mon 29-Apr-13 20:53:35

That's fine, I understand - could you please recommend me some?

tiktok Mon 29-Apr-13 21:19:22

There are boards on mumsnet - get in touch with mumsnet if you can't find them in the index smile

LeonieR Mon 29-Apr-13 21:45:41

Thanks so much! I think the post has now been posted in the non-members/media section, but have emailed Mumsnet just in case. Thanks again for your help!

LeonieR Tue 30-Apr-13 12:59:23

If anyone is interested, please leave a message or send me a private message!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now