side dishes

(2 Posts)
anyoldname76 Sun 18-Sep-16 10:19:45

hi all, im very overweight (almost 12 stone) for my height, im only 5ft. ive tried and failed at several diets in the past and i think low carb might be for me.
the only problem i can see is that i was brought up on sandwiches for lunch and some form of potato with every main meal, and it has stuck with me.

what can i eat instead of potatoes , i eat most veg apart from cauliflower, leeks and sprouts.

chestylaroo Fri 23-Sep-16 11:40:18

Most diets allow for sweet potato as a better alternative to white potato... that includes mashed, chipped and roasted. It's all about moderation of course. I tend to have more veg with protein as my main meal. Stir frys are also good but beware sugar contents in the sauces.. I use a small amount of light soy sauce. Most lunches I tend to have a 2 egg omelette, with small amount of cheese and any amount of onion, mushroom, tomato, ham, chicken etc or some form of salad, again beware of sugar in the salad dressings. I also have a nice whey protein shake as a snack as a high protein intake is important.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now