On a low carb diet does this sound like enough?

(4 Posts)
Hopeless782 Sun 04-Sep-16 10:54:24

Hi
I'm on a low carb diet for a week to shift some pounds in prep for sisters wedding next Saturday!
My diet is as follows:

2 scrambled eggs
1 portobello mushroom (grilled)

Half a tin of tuna mixed with a tablespoon of mayo

Tuna steak with carrots and broccoli

Also does anyone have any reccomendations to have as a side dish with dinner? I usually alternate between meats when on a low carb diet (chicken, tuna, beef) but can't think of any side dishes besides veg so leaves me hungry!

FailingAtLifeRightNow Wed 07-Sep-16 10:31:11

Hi!!

It doesnt sound enough to me tbh - I know I would get hunger pangs if I only ate that!

Take a look at Diet Doctor website as they have loads of LCHF meal recipes and also for side dishes.

I love buttered cabbage, creamy spinach or just wilted with some mushrooms and garlic, swede wedges or mashed carrot and swede, cauliflower rice, Cauliflower and broccoli cheese....

If I can think of anymore I will post them but hope that helps!

SteviebunsBottrittrundle Thu 08-Sep-16 09:07:20

Disclaimer: I'm only starting low carb today, so possibly not the voice of recent experience you might be looking for. I have done LCHF a few times in the past though.

Anyway, I think I would be hungry if I only ate what you've listed above every day, but if you feel satisfied, then it's fine I think. Some people just have small appetites and I am not one of those people!

Re side dishes, as well as failing's lovely suggestions, I love lots of steamed broccoli as a side. I find it quite starchy in texture so it's a nice substitute for carbs. I also make creamy sauces (like cheese / mustard / peppercorn sauce), to liven things up a bit. I think dairy can be a bit of a problem for some people in that it impedes weight loss but I haven't found this to be the case for me (as long as I don't go nuts and stick to high fat versions). I also make cheesy cauliflower mash which my fussy toddler and equally fussy DH, will happily eat as a side dish too. I far prefer it to mashed potato.

BIWI Sat 10-Sep-16 21:52:22

Doesn't sound like you're getting much fat there - and you'd be better off avoiding the carrots, as they're a bit carby.

Don't grill the mushrooms, fry them in butter.
Make sure your tuna is tinned in oil

Not quite sure what you mean about a side dish - isn't that vegetables or salad?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now