Fell off the wagon and feel horrendous - is this normal?

(4 Posts)
FurryTurnip Mon 15-Aug-16 20:57:08

I've been low carbing for about 3 weeks and so far (well, up until this weekend) it has been going well.

But over the weekend I monumentally fell off the wagon. I won't list crap excuses, I was just premenstrual and weak willed. Yesterday I ate chocolate, ice cream, lentil curry, potato curry and chapati. Not all at the same time I must add.

Today I feel horrendous. Nauseous, very upset (explosive) stomach and really dizzy. Has anyone else had this? Or is it just a coincidence and I have a bug / food poisoning?

I am now firmly back on the wagon and if this is anything to go by I won't slip again!

tearsofrobertsmith Tue 16-Aug-16 15:23:22

I am the same! Two weeks in, 7lbs down and feeling brilliant, then we had a big bbq this weekend, bread, pasta salads, sweets, the lot! Last night I felt horrible, felt like I'd gained 10lbs back and was gutted! This morning it's onwards and upwards- I usually slip then think "sod it" and gain it all back and give up but I was finding lchf so easy that it would be criminal not to continue!!! Good luck with it! Oh and when I weighed myself it was only 3lbs back on!

FurryTurnip Tue 16-Aug-16 15:31:00

Thanks, good to know it's not just me, but at least we now know that it is really not worth falling off the wagon for. I didn't really enjoy the stuff I gorged on either.

Like you, I am back on it, we can do this! (Though unlike you I haven't weighed myself yet as I can face it!)

dontcrynow Tue 23-Aug-16 23:44:12

I've been successfully low carbing for 6 weeks and have lost about 20 pounds but in the last few days I've really hankered after sweet stuff and yesterday I ate a jam doughnut and two large Danish pastries. just need to get back on the waggon now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now