August low-carb accountability

(19 Posts)
AliceInHinterland Fri 05-Aug-16 08:40:50

I'm too sleep deprived to come up with a clever title, but following two GD pregnancies with good diet control I need to get back on the low-carb wagon.
If you want to use public accountability to keep you on track please join us!

AliceInHinterland Fri 05-Aug-16 08:45:09

I have made a good start already this morning with two chocolate biscuits. They were homemade so that's okay, right?
On the other hand I've done a 20 min walk.
We are between weekly shops which is a danger zone for me, as I pop to the shop and buy mostly chocolate.

AliceInHinterland Fri 05-Aug-16 08:50:26

My aim is to avoid sugar and wheat, minimal other grains and potatoes, only small portions of fruit.
Minimum 7,500 steps a day, 30 mins to be walking outside.

mumchkin Fri 05-Aug-16 09:03:10

I'm trying to get back into ketosis after a slip so trying to keep my carbs under 20g a day. Today's food has been scrambled eggs with tomato, then chicken salad for lunch (unfortunately chicken was crumbed - so bad), some cheese for a snack and dinner will be turkey burgers with slaw. I'm annoyed about the chicken - it will have tipped me over my 20g limit. It was bloody delicious though!

AliceInHinterland Fri 05-Aug-16 10:00:29

Let's not be perfectionist about it - that sounds like a great day! I'm going to aim for beetroot and halloumi salad for lunch. I'm breastfeeding so I don't mind a few high carb veg - I just want to cut the junky carbs.

mumchkin Fri 05-Aug-16 11:00:50

Oh yes if you're breastfeeding definitely enjoy all that stuff smile

AliceInHinterland Fri 05-Aug-16 19:48:27

Well today has been an utter write-off. The diet starts tomorrow (that sounds familiar...)

trinity0097 Fri 05-Aug-16 21:03:25

Breakfast was chocolate pancakes and choc sauce (all low carb, made with whey protein powder for the pancake with nut milk and egg, the. A square of 90% dark choc, sweetener, double cream and butter for the sauce)
Lunch was courgette noodles with cream and a can of soy and ginger tuna mixed in. Washed down with a small bit of choc soy icecream.
A snack of dried soy beans about 5pm
Supper was cheesy fish with a cheese/cream veg bake and cauliflower rice.

Yum!

AliceInHinterland Fri 05-Aug-16 21:09:00

That's the thing - I love the food, it just takes a bit of planning and effort to make it. You two are inspiring me with your delicious meals, and I've just got a rib eye out of the freezer for tomorrow.

mumchkin Sat 06-Aug-16 05:25:38

Trinity those pancakes sound heavenly. God bless dark chocolate!

trinity0097 Sat 06-Aug-16 14:13:48

I have them almost every morning!

AliceInHinterland Sat 06-Aug-16 15:48:54

So this morning I've had a fry up, which is generally good other than a hash brown and a potato farl.
I found myself mindlessly browsing on garlic bread and a spoonful of Nutella though. And a leftover Mars bar. This is quite embarrassing, but I suppose that's the point...
Rib eyes are defrosting for this evening though. I'm keen not to just write off a day as soon as I go a bit off track.

AliceInHinterland Sat 06-Aug-16 15:49:32

Trinity, what's the recipe for the pancakes?

mumchkin Sun 07-Aug-16 02:18:20

Don't worry - I'm the same. If it's in the house, I'll graze on it. But breastfeeding makes you so hungry and you're burning extra calories so I wouldn't worry too much. I however need to get serious - back to work in 2 months and still a third of the baby weight to lose! I'll get there (if I can stop nicking DH's crisps...)

AliceInHinterland Sun 07-Aug-16 08:02:06

Hmmm I think I need to prioritise good and filling meals to reduce the grazing. I barely ate a vegetable yesterday.

trinity0097 Sun 07-Aug-16 11:46:15

One tablespoon of low carb whey protein powder, I use chocolate flavoured, an egg and some nut milk whisked together and then cooked in a bit of butter.
The sauce is a square of 90% choc, sweetener, double cream and butter melted together.

Yesterday I had that for breakfast, then lunch was courgette noodles mixed with tuna and double cream and cooked through. Supper was steak, fried mushrooms, peppers and onions then with roasted green beans with cheese on. Topped off by some sauce made by deglazing the steak pan with double cream.

AliceInHinterland Sun 07-Aug-16 19:21:39

Okay so today was better in that there was less constant grazing on cake, but I did have normal flour-y pancakes for breakfast, and chips with my steak dinner. I am pleased that it was more structured, and tomorrow I need to make a big soup out of the last of the veg for the week so that will keep me more on the straight and narrow. I desperately need to be packing in more veg.
Pancakes, bacon & maple syrup
Potato farl, ryvita and marmite, oatcakes & peanut butter/Nutella
Steak, mushrooms, peas, chips, cream sauce

trinity0097 Sun 07-Aug-16 20:41:28

Choc pancakes and sauce for breakfast
Lunch was half a lidl high protein roll (these don't affect sugars like normal bread) toasted with Red Leicester cheese and then pate spread on top.
A snack of some roasted soy beans and a small bag of salted popcorn.
Supper was roast chicken with roasted cheese topped green beans, roasted courgette and some leftover creamy cheese veg bake.
Then I had a couple of scoops of soy icecream.

trinity0097 Sun 07-Aug-16 20:43:33

Alice - get working on tweaks to eliminate all those carbs in every meal!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now