Anyone tried Diet Now? Started yesterday.

(10 Posts)
cowssheephens Thu 28-Apr-16 16:55:50

Has anyone tried this diet? How did you get on?

I started yesterday and really finding it difficult. I think it's cutting out the coffee that's making it so hard.

cowssheephens Fri 29-Apr-16 18:33:50

Anyone? BUMP

BIWI Sat 30-Apr-16 12:20:23

Why are you having to cut out coffee?

And why not just eat normal food, but keep it low carb?

cowssheephens Sat 30-Apr-16 17:35:47

It's says that sometimes it's harder to get into ketosis if you are drinking caffine. Everything I've googled says caffine is ok on VLCD. So I'm unsure tbh? Through the worse now so will still to decaf.

Last night I did have a low carb meal...just a bit cautious I'm going to muck it up and not loose weight. Although I am 6lb down in 4 days.

Would love to hear if anyone else has done this diet.

ExasperatedAlmostAlways Fri 13-May-16 08:45:51

I done it but only done it for ten days before my holiday. I still had my tea. I lost about eight pounds. It all went straight back on quickly though but I was on holiday and didn't do it for long.

WishesAndPixieDust Fri 13-May-16 14:17:43

I've been on it a week, I'm doing slimfast I've lost just over half a stone.
Taking vits as well since I'm anaemic

Don't cut out coffee just cut out the sugar? grin

Also drink lots and lots of water

Daree1997 Thu 19-May-16 06:11:00

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

MardleBum Thu 19-May-16 06:15:39

The Atkins diet recommends you go without caffeine in the very strict induction phase but I never have and I've always got into ketosis without a problem. I think if you are used to having coffee every day then half the headaches and tired feeling that you are told are to be expected when trying to get into ketosis on induction are as much from the sudden lack of caffeine as from anything about low carbing itself. I break a few rules but so long as I keep it low carb I do whatever I have to to get through it!

I have never heard of Diet Now.

MardleBum Thu 19-May-16 06:18:06

ok just googled, three meal replacement shakes a day sounds very tough to stick to indeed, for more than two or three days. I never understand why people would rather drink those than just eat a nice low carb meal and take some supplements. confused

WishesAndPixieDust Thu 19-May-16 19:39:31

I only replace 1/2 meals a day with shakes I still have fruit/ low cal snacks and a 600cal meal in the evening. Replacing is a lot easier or me because I'm extremely busy either appointments, nursery run or even meetings it's healthier than the fast food option that was causing me to gain weight blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now