Fibre

(9 Posts)
zikreetdreaming Wed 27-Apr-16 05:16:32

Any suggestions for getting fibre into my diet when low carbing?

zikreetdreaming Wed 27-Apr-16 18:58:28

FFS!

CrepeDeChineWag Wed 27-Apr-16 19:02:20

A tentative suggestion of green beans? They're quite robust

ClopySow Thu 28-Apr-16 08:00:17

I've been eating spinach, celery, spring greens, courgettes and asparagus. I don't know how fibrous they are but i don't feel constipated. Admittedly things are slower moving.

KP86 Thu 28-Apr-16 08:10:52

I bought some fibre/bran from Amazon, it's carb neutral (same fibre as carbs).

Tastes awful but if I'm having some sort of sauce or cream cheese etc I tend to mix a tsp of sauce into a tsp of bran and eat quickly before having the rest of my meal.

It turns sauces into gloop if you mix it into the whole meal.

zikreetdreaming Sat 30-Apr-16 06:19:58

Thanks everyone. I now have green beans and celery to try. If that doesn't work will try to buy a supplement if done sort.

BIWI Sat 30-Apr-16 12:19:01

When you're low carbing, you should be getting your carbs from veg and salad in the main - and if you focus on lower carb veg, then you should get plenty of fibre.

If your concern is about potential constipation, other important things are:

- plenty of water
- lots of fat
- exercise

charliebythesea Mon 02-May-16 15:31:21

I'm eating lots of (thoroughly washed) vegetables with the skins on like carrots and parsnips, I do allow myself some sweet potato as well, leaves and leaf-type stuff like cabbage/lettuce, cucumber... Been avoiding normal potatoes/bread/pasta/pastry and replacing it with more vegetables or nuts.

BIWI Mon 02-May-16 15:34:02

carrots, parsnips and sweet potato aren't low carb veg!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now