help please! no loss for two weeks

(4 Posts)
KP86 Sun 13-Mar-16 20:45:32

So, I've been low-carbing for about five weeks now, had two (maybe 3?) days in that time where I went over 20g net carbs in a day. I've been tracking very carefully using MFP.

I keep to max. 1500cal/day, but usually closer to 1000 net.

My exercise isn't brilliant, but I do a fair amount of slow walking with DS in the pram which I have been counting (as 3km/hr in MFP) as well as my weekend work in a cafe. Hoping to start at a gym this week.

My problem is, after losing 6.5kg in the first three weeks, I've stayed the same the last two. What am I doing wrong?

On a typical day, I have:
Breakfast or lunch: black espresso coffee, approx 60g streaky bacon, two eggs, mushrooms and spinach
Dinner: approx 200g meat/fish and low-carb steamed or roasted vegies; meatballs in creamy sauce; Mexican chilli mince (home made seasoning) with salad; adjusted Thai chicken curry
Snacks: pork scratchings; diet jelly; 80% chocolate nibs; ganache made with choc and double cream; mousse made with cream and cocoa; cucumber and celery sticks with cream cheese; slices of cheese and ham
Drinks: diet soft drink, no sugar squash, earl grey tea without sugar, some (not enough!) water

Can anyone make suggestions?

I have in the past week started adding up to a tablespoon of fibre to my diet each day but that's carb-neutral.

Kummerspeck Sun 13-Mar-16 20:50:40

Low carb is notorious for this. If you look at the Bootcamp threads on here you will see that BIWI warns people that you often lose well for 2-3 weeks then have a stall for a couple of weeks before loss continues.

Just keep doing the right things and I'm sure you'll see a loss soon

Kummerspeck Sun 13-Mar-16 20:52:44

By the way 6.5kg in 3 weeks is brilliant!

KP86 Sun 13-Mar-16 21:00:36

Thanks for the encouragement! I started at 108kg so I was expecting big losses to begin with.

I'm not giving up just yet, I've got another 25-odd kg to go smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now