sugar v sweetener

(7 Posts)
HammerToFall Wed 06-Jan-16 17:57:19

I've been low carbing since New Year's Day, haven't been weighed yet so hoping it's working. One thing I can't figure it is hot drinks. I've switched to a couple of coffees a day with cream (from my usual four or five tassimo lattes!) but I can't drink it without sugar/sweetener. I need at least one coffee in the morning to get me going. Which is better one spoon of sugar or one sweetener?

Tidypidy Wed 06-Jan-16 18:43:07

I prefer sugar as I find too much sweetener can give me headaches. If the coffee isn't really strong I can drink it unsweetened. Also prefer sugar as it's less processed and artificial. You could try honey too.

Fourarmsv2 Mon 11-Jan-16 22:08:22

Maybe try whole milk? I find it easier to tolerate no sugar that way then wean off it gradually.

Tw1nkle Fri 29-Jan-16 14:17:51

Sweetener is really bad for you. If you must, have sugar.

chocolatespiders Sat 06-Feb-16 19:52:26

Try Xylitol as an alternative.

Iamdobby63 Sun 07-Feb-16 08:47:35

I always used to have sugar in my coffee, never thought I could manage without, but I have. It really is good if you can conquer your sugar addiction/sweet tooth once and for all.

Whole milk is still quite high in carbs, I take my cream allowance from my diet and water it down to make it go further.

StuntNun Mon 08-Feb-16 10:15:51

I think you need to go cold turkey on the sugar/sweetener. It takes a few days for your tastebuds to adapt but they will.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now