Plateau Advice Please!

(7 Posts)
SharkSkinThing Fri 06-Nov-15 08:31:26

Hello, hoping someone a bit further along than me has some expereince and advice!

On week 6 and have lost 13.5 pounds. Loving it all, delighted with loss, but last week I lonly ost half a pound, and this week looking to be the same, or even nothing. I have gone from 15.3 to 14.3.5 so still have two stone to go, so it's not as if I#m at my goal weight!

I've upped my exercise but not tweaked food. I pretty much follow the boot camp still, as like getting my carbs from green veg. Don't want to add more, really, as I feel a million times better not hitting the bread/pasta/pots.

I treat myself to a few glassses of wine once a week (half to a whole bottle depending on if I feel like sharing!), and some salted nuts. No chocolate or sweets.

Shall I just keep going and see if it picks up again? Should I cut out butter or mayo?

All advice gratefully appreciated!!! Thanks. xx

Fourarmsv2 Wed 11-Nov-15 22:49:09

How often are you weighing?

Salted foods cause me to hold fluid of a pound or two for a couple of days. I see this as a weigh daily.

Half a bottle - one bottle of wine and salted nuts is quite tweaky isn't it?

If I'm going to go off plan I'll keep the rest of the day as LC as possible. I wouldn't mix high fat (nuts) with carbs.

SharkSkinThing Thu 12-Nov-15 19:01:25

Thanks, four. Fair point! I hadn't realised what going off plan meant...in that I need to have a plan for it! I am basically still doing boot camp but allowing this weekly treat.

I weigh weekly.

I think I'll cut the wine once a week, and the nuts. Next week I'm increasing my exercise to three heavy going cardio classes and one swim, so hopefully that will kick start it.

Thanks for the advice.

StuntNun Tue 17-Nov-15 11:38:39

Weight loss is not a linear process. The dotted line on the graph shows my weigh-ins. The solid line is a rolling mean that evens out the ups and downs.

SharkSkinThing Tue 17-Nov-15 12:25:52

Thanks, Stunt - now that I've calmed down I've realised that I've just slowed, not plateaued, and not to fret so much!

I really appreciate you taking the time to post this graph, it really helps. And well done! You have lost loads!

x

StuntNun Tue 17-Nov-15 12:38:24

This is the second time round for me. Can you see from the graph where I was pregnant!? The first time I was losing weight I weighed in every week and agonised over my weight not dropping enough, staying the same or even increasing. It's only with hindsight that the graph looks good, at the time it was as troubling as you're finding things at the moment. Keep on with it and you will get there. Yes you may stall and yes you may need to tweak things once in a while but these are still early days for you so don't worry too much for now.

SharkSkinThing Wed 18-Nov-15 13:38:17

Aw, thanks, Stunt, that's very wise advice!

I'm going to do a graph, too. A steady loss of one a week is nothing to worry about at all, I can appreciate that now.

xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now