ok someone reassure me please! !

(9 Posts)
MazzR Fri 23-Oct-15 12:55:45

I know the science of it all but I'm on day 1 today and about to make a cream sauce to go with my chicken but really, it seems so wrong eating all this cream and butter!!!

Fourarmsv2 Wed 11-Nov-15 22:50:11

I had a spoonful of clotted cream off a spoon earlier. And roast duck with skin on for dinner. I lost five stone LCing smile

SharkSkinThing Wed 18-Nov-15 20:01:26

fourarms please can I just ask a you a question, as you are a bit further up the road than me?

Did you have to change what you ate at all/eat less/increase exercise to continue losing every week?

I am 7 weeks in, have lost 1 stone 3 pounds, but it has slowed right down to a pound a week. The sensible part of my head knows that this is great, it's steady, but I just want to know if I should be adapting as I go?

Any help appreciated! Thanks.

Fluffybrain Fri 20-Nov-15 05:36:49

Shark I have lost 4 stone low carbing and like Fourarms I eat a fair amount of fat. I have butter on vegetables, whole milk in tea. Cook with oil and real butter, have berries and cream, olive oil and olives on salad and avocados and cheese aplenty (I'm vegetarian). It will take a leap of faith to eat this fat. It goes against everything the media and govnt have ever told you about fat and weight loss. But it does work and it is what your body needs. You will naturally eat less as time goes on as your appetite and cravings lesson as you move forward. But you don't need to control this. Your body will do it for you. You only need to do 2 things. Eat low carb and eat when you are hungry. And when you are hungry eat as much fat and low carb food as you need. The rest follows. One pound a week is ok. I lost a lot at the start and then 1-2 pound a week after and it has been very consistent, the secret to weight loss is just consistency and staying on it a long time (rest of my life for me! I love it). This is easy with low carb as after a while you just hardly ever feel hungry and stop craving sugary carby foods. It has taken 6 months to lose the 4 stone. I'm still losing, good luck.

ProfYaffle Fri 20-Nov-15 06:20:43

<waves to Fluffy>

I've been LCing all this year, lost about 3.5 stone while eating loads of lovely butter, cheese, cream, oil etc It's marvellous!

thewookieswife Fri 20-Nov-15 06:27:37

Watching with interest ! As I do love food ! Also veggie ... Not wanting to loose huge amounts - but could probably benefit from shifting 12/14lbs ish ... Can some of you lovely peeps give me some idiot proof pointers please ? I know it sounds daft but not 100% sure of what can and can't be consumed on this sort of diet !!! Thank thanks

Fluffybrain Fri 20-Nov-15 10:35:18

<waves to Prof> As a veggie... I don't eat bread, pasta, potatoes, rice, pastry, or anything high sugar (including certain fruit). I do eat quorn products (not in breadcrumbs), eggs, cheese, cream, soya yoghurt, butter, some beans, vegetables, salads, soups, coleslaw, olives, olive oil, avocados, berries, dark chocolate, nuts, seeds, dips like sour cream, guacamole, salsa, hummus, whole milk in tea, certain condiments and the odd glass of gin or whiskey!

thewookieswife Fri 20-Nov-15 11:16:08

Thanks ! That's a great help ! I like all of the above !!

SharkSkinThing Fri 20-Nov-15 17:42:37

Thanks so much fluffy, much appreciated.

I believe it, I just feel like I should be tweaking as I guess I've been conditioned to think that's what you do, reduce calories etc.

I am more than happy to keep things as they are, but I do fancy some berries!

Great tips, thank you!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now