This is the support thread for the egg fast. I have based the rules on Jimmy Moore's Eggfest. Please note that this is an experimental fast and may not be suitable for people with underlying health conditions. It is intended for people that are already following a low carb - high fat diet and are trying to break a stall or lose the last few pounds to reach their goal weight.
DISCLAIMER: I am not a doctor or nutritionist. If you follow this fast and have any issues at all such as feeling unwell then seriously consider stopping the fast immediately. Alternatively wait until a few of us have tried it first!
1. Eat at least six eggs per day This is not a calorie-restricted diet so eat to fullness.
2. Buy the best quality eggs you can Free range eggs may contain more omega 3 fats and vitamin D.
3. Eat one tablespoon of butter per egg Coconut oil, olive oil and mayo may also be used.
4. You may add up to one ounce of cheese per egg if desired Make sure your cheese is low carb.
5. Drink as much water as you can: at least 2-4 litres MINIMUM Black or bulletproof coffee, black tea, green tea and herbal tea can be added if required.
6. Add salt and keep taking your usual vitamins (if taken) Consider extra magnesium and potassium to prevent cramps. If you suffer from constipation then flaxseed may help.
7. Exercise daily Even a short walk will help maintain lean muscle mass.
8. Eat three meals a day; if not hungry eat one egg Your appetite will be reduced but keep eating to preserve lean muscle mass.
9. Follow the egg fast for three days; five days may give better results You will be sick of eggs by the third day.
10. Transition back to your normal diet E.g. the day after eat two egg meals and one normal meal (whatever you usually eat), the day after that eat one egg meal and two normal meals. Consider keeping on eating at least two eggs a day to maintain the effects of the fast.
Eggs, meat and a small amount of veg is working well for me Schro. I'm getting the satiation of the egg fast but without the worries about protein. Today I'm on 1500 calories with 14g carbs and 87g protein. I might need to add a decaf BPC in later to get my fat macro and calories up a bit but I'm reluctant if I'm not actually hungry.
B: tea, three-egg omelette, BPC L: steak and a fried egg S: tea D: fried pork chop and microwaved courgettes with butter on