Still a bit confused about milk and cream. Help please!

(5 Posts)
FishCalledWonder Wed 26-Mar-14 11:01:35

Ploughed through dozens of the low carb bootcamp threads last night and took pages of notes. Really keen to give it a go but still a bit confused about milk and cream. Lots of people saying they don't have milk but pour cream over everything. Why is that? Have I got the wrong end of the stick?

I'm a carb fiend with a really sweet tooth but, despite that, it's the thought of having no milk in my tea that really makes me want to sob and wail! Can i have milk if I keep all food really low carb or I am over simplifying?

Also, do I give myself a carb allowance each day, or is that defeating the purpose?

Hmmm. Thought I had understood it all but I might need to keep reading!

FishCalledWonder Wed 26-Mar-14 14:26:27

Anyone?!

Lovewhereilive Wed 26-Mar-14 14:44:13

I an no expert but I think there is more carbs in milk than cream hence why cream is better and cream is more fatty which is good when low carbing.

I low carb (sort of) but I still have tea with milk and even drink warm milk. Can't do the extreme low carbing, just my own version of it.

teaandthorazine Wed 26-Mar-14 14:51:23

Cream is higher in fat and has fewer carbs than milk - hence its suitability for a low-carb diet.

I use cream in coffee but stick to milk in tea - a couple of times a day a little splosh of milk isn't going to be the end of the world imo. I couldn't get the day started without a cuppa smile

Do keep an eye on it though as if you drink more than a couple of cups a day the carb content will build up.

FishCalledWonder Wed 26-Mar-14 21:05:57

Ok, thanks. That's a bit clearer!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now