Low carbing and chocolate

(11 Posts)
Lovewhereilive Tue 18-Mar-14 17:25:13

Have been low carbing since jan and lost 17lbs. Have not missed bread, pasta, rice etc but do miss chocolate! Have been eating a bit of chocolate recently but not half as much as I used to. Will this knock me completely off the low-carb wagon?

Will it stop me losing completely or is a bit ok?

FourArms Tue 18-Mar-14 20:04:25

What sort of chocolate? A couple of squares of 80% a day should be OK.

Lovewhereilive Tue 18-Mar-14 21:29:50

Well I have dark chocolate but have also had some milk chocolate too. I just can't resist chocolate!

teaandthorazine Tue 18-Mar-14 21:32:22

I eat 70-85% chocolate most days (a couple of squares only). It doesn't seem to affect weight loss, but it has to be the dark stuff. Milk chocolate will knock you off course - too much sugar!

Lovewhereilive Tue 18-Mar-14 21:51:24

Even if I only have a little bit of it?

FourArms Wed 19-Mar-14 15:30:16

Yes sad

kotinka Wed 19-Mar-14 15:36:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Lovewhereilive Thu 20-Mar-14 07:15:45

No wonder am staying the same. Ok am going to have to stick to the dark chocolate and live like a complete monk grin

FrameyMcFrame Fri 21-Mar-14 22:08:30

I've lost a stone and a half through low carbing and I've been eating chocolate most days throughout... G&B's 80%

But recently I've been maintaining weightloss and I pretty much eat what I want now apart from I never eat any grains at all. I do eat a bit of potato and as much veg as I want as well as pudding as long as it is wheat and grain free, so no cakes or biscuits... I go for the high fat lowest sugar options such as cheesecake without the base or dark choc ganache. Homemade choc mousse with dark chocolate etc. Merangues! Occasionally peanut butter ice cream...

FrameyMcFrame Fri 21-Mar-14 22:11:43

I only do one or two puddings a week though... otherwise it's the G&Bs most nights!

Lovewhereilive Fri 21-Mar-14 22:19:54

That's good to know framey! I do need to lose more tho so will have to cut back on the choc or it just won't happen.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now