Just wanted to say "why didn't I do this sooner"!

(7 Posts)
outtolunchagain Sun 16-Mar-14 15:57:47

Started low carbing last week , now on day 7 , compared to almost every other diet I have been on this is so easy to stick to ,.Am following the India Knight book but have also been reading the boot camp threads on here.

Weighed myself today and I have lost 7 lbs in one week, I know that won't continue but I am so chuffed.My weight has been creeping up gradually and I have also been increasingly grumpy etc and seem to have caught every bug going , and terrible sugar cravings.

Have felt a few cravings for a quick sandwich or a glass of wine but generally I can't believe how little snacking I have been doing .

BIWI Sun 16-Mar-14 18:08:05

It's good, isn't it?! Well done on your loss so far.

Just be prepared for your weight loss to stop in weeks 3, 4 and/or 5 - it's entirely normal. Just keep on keeping on and things will get going again.

outtolunchagain Sun 16-Mar-14 21:29:57

Thanks , I think I would be worried if it continued this way , but it really hasn't felt hard at all.I am finding it a real treat eating full fat butter, yoghurt etc and it's quite horrifying when you read the labels and realise how carb heavy the " low fat" versions are . A real eye opener

BIWI Sun 16-Mar-14 21:54:03

What happens:

- you lose water weight
- you empty your glycogen stores
- you lose a tiny bit of fat

in week 1

After this, you start to lose more fat, and your body switches to burning fat rather than burning carbs

And then you start to burn fat, at a rate of 1-2lbs a week.

Parsnipcake Sun 16-Mar-14 22:04:39

I am on day 16 of IPD and feel the same. I have dropped a jeans size, and am enjoying foods I haven't eaten for years. It's opened up a world of recipes to me! I have had a very occasional craving but just distracted myself with thinking of what I can rather than can't eat. I also focus on the fact that cheating will potentially ruin things for several days, and that stops me.

2 weeks in I don't feel hungry in between meals and am not thinking about food all the time like I used to, I just enjoy my meals. I will never go back, I feel great!

BIWI Mon 17-Mar-14 07:25:52

grin

You may want to think about changing your username ...

Parsnipcake Mon 17-Mar-14 09:20:04

Lol!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now