How to get fat into my diet

(10 Posts)
BatCrapCrazy Mon 10-Mar-14 12:51:51

Ive started low carbing today. Does anyone have any ideas of how to get fat into my diet? i cooked my omelette in butter this morning and am having beef mince for tea but am still way off target. Im allergic to nuts

Thankyou smile

Mumelie Mon 10-Mar-14 15:09:47

Lots of olive oil on a salad, add avocardo, snack on cheese, cream sauces on meat, bullet proof coffee (never tried this).
I occasionally pop all my food into MyFitnessPal to see if I'm on target and aim for around 70% fat.
Good luck.

BatCrapCrazy Mon 10-Mar-14 15:17:27

Thankyou so much.
Would you be so kind as to give me a typical days meal plan that you follow so i can see if I'm on the right track?

Mumelie Mon 10-Mar-14 16:02:07

No problem (although I do like nuts - i tend to snack on them rather than have them in meals);
Breakfast: 3 rashers streaky bacon fried in a little groundnut oil with some avocado, or a fried egg and a few cherry tomatoes- or I may do scrambled eggs with cream.
Lunch: bacon and avocado salad with olive oil and vinegar dressing - I usually have a salad with an oily dressing and protein (prawns in mayo; ham and brie; homemade chicken satay; egg mayo) as its easy to take to work.
Dinner: tonight will be left over roast lamb made into an Irish stew (leftover gravy made with meat juices and stock, celery, BNS, shallot) - I'll have this with spring greens cooked in butter with a little oil added.
I do a monthly meal plan so I can see where i need to adapt the family meals to me. Planning is so important to low carbing.
Snacks: 2 babybels, handful of almonds, slices of ham, a few squares dark chocolate (once out of induction/phase 1/bootcamp).

Best thing is to just add oil where you can and never eat low fat stuff. Which low carb 'plan' are you following? I do Pig2Twig but have checked out Bootcamp threads on here for lots of brilliant ideas.

I've just finished my first 2 weeks (after losing really well last year but slipping up over Christmas). I lost 6.5 lbs - could have been more but I did allow a few GnTs and a bit of dark choc.

BatCrapCrazy Tue 11-Mar-14 09:09:00

Im not really sure what I'm following to be honest lol.
Yesterday I had:
breakfast- 2 eggs, 2 rasher of bacon and mushrooms all fried.
mid morning - 1 chicken breast and lettuce
Lunch - Chicken breast and broccoli
Dinner - bolognaise with a bit of mozzarella

is this right?

Mumelie Tue 11-Mar-14 09:21:51

Sounds fine. You need to add butter or oily dressing to your veg. Can you snack on hard cheese?

BatCrapCrazy Tue 11-Mar-14 09:23:15

yes, i love cheese.
God i hope this works. I freaking love carbs angry

what did you have with the chicken breast / lettuce / broccoli? chicken breast is v lean so was it cooked in butter?

ff mayonnaise is another good way to get fat in - make your own (ideal) or check the carb count on brands

BatCrapCrazy Tue 11-Mar-14 09:26:52

The chicken was panfried in butter.
Mayonaise makes me heave but that bit of info will make DP a very happy man indeed. He loves mayo!

ppeatfruit Tue 11-Mar-14 12:31:35

Do you like almonds? because you can make ground almond biscuits if you crave carbs. I'm LOW carb and I eat whole rye bread which is fine (i lost 3 stone on Paul mckenna|low carbdiet )so i know it works grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now