When's the next boot camp?

(47 Posts)
Dreamingofcakeallnight Tue 17-Dec-13 18:13:34

Hi all

Just wondering when the next bootcamp is starting. I'm hoping its Jan. I really need a kick up the (rather flabby) bottom. X

utahforever Tue 24-Dec-13 12:23:27

Can I join too please fsmile must get away from vanilla coke

Mary1972 Tue 24-Dec-13 14:27:46

I am trying to do it over Christmas anyway as I am not going back to how I used to eat and lost my cravings for chocolate etc.

I think a full on start on 13th Jan seems best. I have never been on the official bootcamp chart etc but I've eaten mostly paleo/primal which is often low carb for 4 or 5 years and it makes me feel wonderful although I have fallen off it a couple of time. I just need to lose a stone (or possibly two which would be the ideal although one would be great).

projectbabyweight Tue 24-Dec-13 15:14:45

I can't wait. Is it a 10 week bootcamp?

BIWI Tue 24-Dec-13 16:12:52

It will be 10 official weeks, with one unofficial one to kick us off!

EwanHoozami Tue 24-Dec-13 16:17:30

I'm in for Jan. I was so good last Christmas and LC'd throughout.

Today my lunch was cheese straws dipped in chilli sauce and a bowl of trifle

fblush

DameFanny Tue 24-Dec-13 16:18:03

Placemarking. Fibro's given me ridiculous sugar cravings and a crappy thyroid makes a rubbish combination. Need the kick up the unfeasibly large arse grin

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AthelstaneTheUnreadyFucker Tue 24-Dec-13 16:40:54

Place marking if you don't mind another joining in?

I don't have the worst problem in the world, but I've crept up to 9 stone and will probably be over by the time Christmas is done. I'm 5'6" but bird-boned, so anything over 8 / 8.25 stone only goes on as flab, and not well-distributed curvy flab either.

When I'm the right weight I feel poised, energetic, powerful in my own skin. At present, I feel a bit ungainly and hunched. I'll probably start just after Boxing Day, and be all motivated and bright eyed and annoying by the 6th January...

Ruprekt Tue 24-Dec-13 17:16:09

Athel......I am 5 ft 6 but big boned ie size 8 feet!

I would look awful at 9 st!!!grin

10 st 7lb would suit me smilesmile

AthelstaneTheUnreadyFucker Tue 24-Dec-13 17:34:05

Ahh, well I'm a size 4 in feet... with tiny fingers... I'm just a spindly weed, really. But don't want to be a lardy, spindly weed.

PseudoSanta Thu 26-Dec-13 22:47:12

Can I do it if I'm breastfeeding a 14 week old?

pseudoSanta others have done it whilst bfing - I am sure they will give you specific advice. I am planning on getting straight back on it, after my baby in May. I think the main advice was to have snacks near bed if you were feeding at night so you could keep going easily.

Kefybaby Fri 27-Dec-13 06:47:46

Can I join you too, please? I have been LCing for a couple of months but the holidays (well - my relaxed attitude over the holidays and party season) have derailed me a bit. I need to get back to LC asap as I am worried I will put the weight back on. I do not have a lot to lose - 8 lbs or so, but this extra weight is very "stubborn" and won't go away easily.

projectbabyweight Fri 27-Dec-13 07:23:49

pseudoSanta - I did, and got through a lot of banana and almond muffins during the nightfeeds!

earlymidlifecrisis Fri 27-Dec-13 08:05:00

Another place marking here! 5'1", 9st and wanting to get back to 8st or just below. Have skinny legs but big boobs and belly... a typical apple!!

Mary1972 Fri 27-Dec-13 13:14:03

Yes can do it breastfeeding. In fact the eskimo culture was meat/fat/fish and a few veg and they thrived on it whether pregnant, breastfeeding, pulling a sledge and hunting with spears i.e. things needing a lot of energy.

Bronx Sun 29-Dec-13 02:48:40

I really love the idea of the soft start to Bootcamp - I know you've already no-no'd it, but would you be up for making a thread for those who may want to soft-start 2 weeks prior to it anyway?
Without requiring spreadsheets/all the other worky stuff wink, just a chatty thread to document how a soft start goes compared to the hard and fast bootcamp (not to mention the chat!).
t

Lavenderhoney Sun 29-Dec-13 03:15:24

I've been doing soft bootcamp over Christmassmile I have been doing bootcamp since jan and lost loadssmile. I've been watching for a new bc threadsmile

I will be back to it this week, and will join for the 13.

projectbabyweight Sun 29-Dec-13 08:36:24

Bronx - I'd be up for that, I usually eat more or less low carb anyway but I have sugar in drinks. If I cold get used to coffee without sugar, I wouldn't find the bootcamp so tough on the 13th smile

BIWI Sun 29-Dec-13 12:49:45

OK - I'll set up a Softstart Bootcamp (grin) thread on 6 Jan.

ChippingInLovesChristmasLights Sun 29-Dec-13 13:06:33

Ah Biwi you are such a soft touch angel fsmile Enjoying having 5 minutes to yourself while it lasts!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now