Start of my weight loss journey

(7 Posts)
TheAwfulDaughter Wed 30-Oct-13 19:54:12

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

toomuchicecream Wed 30-Oct-13 18:55:16

Fair enough. But I filled a huge rucksack (the one I went round Europe with as a student) with enough veg to keep the family going for a week at the market today, for £20. So as long as you buy seasonally you can get loads of veg to fill you up comparatively cheaply. Have you tried mashing up boiled cauliflower with a bit of cream and butter? Delicious, filling and healthy. Or how about roasted celeriac? Someone on here suggested roasting it with garlic and then mashing it up with cream and butter - nice and sticky and filling, and even more delicious than the cauli mash. Grating cauliflower to make cauliflower rice is another good way of using it to help fill you up and make you think you're eating high carb when you're not!

TheAwfulDaughter Wed 30-Oct-13 18:48:09

toomuchicecream Wed 30-Oct-13 17:25:09

What you're eating wouldn't fill me up - I'd be starving and about to fall into anything I could get my hands on. Today I had 2 egg mayonnaise with bacon, wrapped in lettuce leaves for breakfast. Lunch was 2 butcher's beef burgers with salad and more mayo. Tonight will be sea bass fillets with oven roasted veg. Don't be too hard on yourself - if you're thinking about food then eat something! For me, the big break through was when I realised I could eat anything I wanted and as much of it as I wanted, as long as it is on the permitted list (which is huge).

TheAwfulDaughter Wed 30-Oct-13 16:19:29

toomuchicecream Tue 29-Oct-13 21:44:47

Well done for making a start! The way I got into Bootcamp was by thinking about it one day at a time. So not thinking about the weeks ahead of me not able to eat anything nice, just concentrating on today. And how fantastic that you've got one of your house mates with you - you can support each other. Good luck with day 2 tomorrow.

TheAwfulDaughter Tue 29-Oct-13 20:57:46

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now