Any pregnant low carbers out there?

(3 Posts)
Jellybellyrbest Wed 16-Oct-13 14:38:14

Obviously I don't mean hardcore, but I'm addicted to sugary carbs & I have put almost 1 stone on already. I'm trying to think of ways to improve my diet & having read Dr Briffa & lurked on lots of these threads I do believe low carbing is healthy. Just a bit concerned starting whilst pregnant.....

projectbabyweight Sat 19-Oct-13 12:39:16

Sorry, I'm not pregnant at the moment. But I stayed low carb (my usual woe) for my first pregnancy, and didn't for my second pregnancy.

The differences with a low carb diet were no heartburn and about a stone less weight gain. Also I had much more energy. Wish I'd done the same the second time, than I wouldn't still have a stone to lose after nearly a year.

As long as you're getting lots of meat, fish, fruit (I still ate fruit) & veg, nuts etc I don't see how it can be unhealthy. I mean, how can bread, pasta and the like be essential if humans lived without them for umm, not sure, but "some" thousands of years?

Go for it smile

Jellybellyrbest Tue 22-Oct-13 22:43:00

Thanks Project! Common sense is telling me it's more likely to be better for both baby & me than what I'm currently doing!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now