ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Week 4 - Autumn Low Carb Bootcamp - Focus, Focus, Focus!

(198 Posts)
BIWI Mon 30-Sep-13 07:18:49

Fingers crossed for some good results this morning!

The Spreadsheet of Fabulousness

Don't forget that it's still very common for people to experience little or no loss by week 4. If this is happening to you, and you know that you haven't cheated, then don't panic. Just keep on keeping on, and by next week (hopefully!) you will be rewarded with a loss.

The losses from that point are likely to be in the region of 1-2lbs a week (may be more if you have a lot to lose), but that will all be fat. And although I know it doesn't sound a lot, just visualise it. 2lbs is 4 packs of lard, which is a lot of fat!

If you've moved on to Bootcamp Light, make sure you're keeping an eye on how many carbs you're eating, and don't get carried away with the nuts and fruit or the alcohol.

Here's to a good week!

AuntieMaggie Tue 01-Oct-13 15:57:07

I should weigh on a Tuesday instead... 2lbs off since yesterday so 8lbs in total. No idea why...

AuntieMaggie Tue 01-Oct-13 15:58:02

I always weigh less on a Tuesday - it was the same last week! X

Just checking in and marking place as I had big exam today so need to catch up with life now.
Keep going one and all - back later

prettybird Tue 01-Oct-13 16:19:19

Another pound off. It now means I have lost 3 stone from my heaviest (not all on Boot Camp but most of it! grin) - down from 13stone 6lb to 10 stone 6lb smilesmile

Slow and steady after my excellent 2 stone loss on the New Year Boot Camp. smile

Still got half a stone to go to my target of breaking the 10 stone barrier but may revise that to 9stone 7lb as the menopause seems to have affected my shape and there is more flabby stuff flesh around my waist than there was when I was that weight before sad

silverangel Tue 01-Oct-13 16:50:11

That's amazing Pretty, similar stats to me so lioveley to see!

Thanks Crabby - was thinking about that option. But quavered at the thought of messing with the spreadsheet grin.

prettybird Tue 01-Oct-13 17:12:49

Meant to add that I won't be continuing the downward trend next week: off to France for a wedding tomorrow, coming back on Monday blush

I'm looking on it as a "Planned Cheat" grin.

I will be in Brittany where they've got lots of lovely butter. Does that count? wink Not if I eat the pains au chocolate and the religieuses au cafe that I am anticipating

breakfast at europe's biggest diabetes conference (EASD)

oh dear

pixiegumboot Tue 01-Oct-13 20:12:52

why are you now biwiz?

Twit Tue 01-Oct-13 20:14:31

Hi all, just checking in with my days food.
Breakfast, bullet proof coffee, egg and bf sausage
Lunch, yoghurt, smidge of cream and some flaxseed
Tea, roast pork,buttery Brussels sprouts and most of the crackling off the HUGE pork I got.
I have had over 3litres of water as well today so far.
I hope everyone is happy and well today, have fun biwi <keeps stick warm>

googoogoggles Tue 01-Oct-13 20:24:30

Hi everyone. Checking back in after a weekend in northern lands. Day late weighing in but sts. Oh well. Maybe there were too many coffees with cream, and there was definitely G&T and a couple of glasses of wine (interestingly I too did not really enjoy the white wine – too sweet), so my tastebuds have def changed
Had a skip read of thread – what's this bullying malarky?
I need a bit of bullying about my water. Havent' been drinking my 3 litres for last few days, so hoping to get back on track with that tomorrow.
Hope everyone is doing okay.
Like the sound of roast pork and brussels sprouts twit. May have to try doing that this weekend...

Mouseface Tue 01-Oct-13 20:32:36

Evening, tis me, Mouse

I'm now at 9st 9lbs which given my bowel doesn't function and I can't exercise is pretty blooming fab for me! I am so, so, so very grateful to BIWI for keeping this going with everything else that you do in your day smile and Crabby for dragging my lardy ass pointing me in the direction of this group of fabulous people smile xxx

Pretty - that is a really inspiring post! You've done so very well and clearly worked hard to get where you are, I bet the charity shops love you if you're like me and keep donating your bigger clothes?! grin

Anyway - I need to put a small, very tired and past it little fish to bed.

Back soon xxx

keeponkeepinon Tue 01-Oct-13 20:43:44

breakfast at europe's biggest diabetes conference (EASD)

When I saw this, I literally laughed out loud. Its ridiculous! But I suppose they'd all lose their jobs if we all got our sugars under control....

whodunnit Tue 01-Oct-13 21:40:16

Well done to you prettybird That is good and inspiring news for us just starting the journey. And Mouse you paint such a lovely picture of your little one. Hope you all sleep well tonight.

so everyone's off up north, I see. Just when my boobs are heading south.....

Anyone felt any kidney pain ? ... I sometimes get a twinge on my left side when I lean forwads a bit... just wondered if I am straining my kidneys with all this water to process. Saying that, I don't even know if my kidneys are at the side. Thoughts anyone?

Those proportions of fat:protein:carbs look really impressive StuntNun!

prettybird Tue 01-Oct-13 21:54:57

I never bought that many clothes after I put all this weight on 4 years ago after I got made redundant, so I don't have many to give away.

I just wore lots of too tight clothes blush and bought some larger jeans and shorts when I had to and cut out the Size 16 label blush

But I do have a good wardrobe of 4+ year old work clothes that I'd had to pack away and must get out again! grin. Still not quite into all of them comfortably but getting there. smile

ImATotJeSuisUneTot Wed 02-Oct-13 08:21:22

Whodunit I actually mentioned this to my doctor on Monday when I was there for something else as I'd been having some back ache in the kidney area. She tested a urine sample and commented on the amount of water I was obviously drinking (not very yellow!!) but aside from that it was a perfect sample.

googoogoggles Wed 02-Oct-13 08:24:16

prettybird - I've just re-read your post – 3st down! That's amazing and so encouraging. Were you incredibly strict when you lost the first 2st on the New Year Bootcamp, following Bootcamp rather than Bootcamp light? I'm just checking as I nose-dived into the Total yoghurt pot last night (first time since starting this Bootcamp) and suspect it's what stalled me last time...
Lovely to be getting back into all your old clothes. I've got quite a few things tucked away I'd love to wear again!
Wishing everyone a good day of low-carbing and water-drinking!

prettybird Wed 02-Oct-13 08:40:26

A sort of cross between Boot Camp and Boot Camp Lite - but the emphasis on the latter because I wanted alcohol wink

I did also make sure to get some outside exercise (even just a walk() every day plus was a lot better at going to bed early, both of which I think helped.

bettybigballs Wed 02-Oct-13 09:15:04

Managed to shift 2lbs this week BUT sadly it's not because I've been on the straight and narrow. Had a horrific and very personal situation dumped on me out of the blue at work late last week and have since stopped sleeping, sunk into a very blue state and have been using alcohol as an anaesthetic and replacing meals with wine. I got myself to the doctors yesterday, have something to help me sleep and fingers crossed will start to feel more together soon.

I'm thrilled to see everyone's losses, everyone's doing so well.

Have a lovely time with family BIWI and thanks so much for everything.

LCHammer Wed 02-Oct-13 09:23:31

BBN - well done for going to the docs about that. Sounds v stressful and unhealthy.

Sounds dreadful Betty . Hope you can look after yourself and put two fingers up at the nasties at work.

I had a work meeting from 2pm - 7pm yesterday and at the 5pm point we decided to get refreshments... managed to NOT choose cake. The best LC option was a bowl of spiced nuts. Yum... but a big bowl and they are very moreish, aren't they! Ignoring the scales today and remembering at least it wasn't cake.

I'm really tired today as that meeting was 1.5 hours away from home. I should have had an early night - I need to learn these things.

keeponkeepinon Wed 02-Oct-13 10:31:25

Has anyone noticed a difference in their cycle? I am a few days late and its really unusual as I am usually regular and on the dot!

captainmummy Wed 02-Oct-13 12:11:19

Whodunit - your kidneys are in your back just under the ribs. Which side is hurting?
Betty - hope you are ok.

AuntieMaggie Wed 02-Oct-13 12:37:58

Hope things get better betty flowers

I am not hungry at all... really struggling to eat as I really don't like the look/thought of anything! Not really sure what to do about that confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now