Week 4 - Autumn Low Carb Bootcamp - Focus, Focus, Focus!

(198 Posts)
BIWI Mon 30-Sep-13 07:18:49

Fingers crossed for some good results this morning!

The Spreadsheet of Fabulousness

Don't forget that it's still very common for people to experience little or no loss by week 4. If this is happening to you, and you know that you haven't cheated, then don't panic. Just keep on keeping on, and by next week (hopefully!) you will be rewarded with a loss.

The losses from that point are likely to be in the region of 1-2lbs a week (may be more if you have a lot to lose), but that will all be fat. And although I know it doesn't sound a lot, just visualise it. 2lbs is 4 packs of lard, which is a lot of fat!

If you've moved on to Bootcamp Light, make sure you're keeping an eye on how many carbs you're eating, and don't get carried away with the nuts and fruit or the alcohol.

Here's to a good week!

CrabbyBigBottom Mon 30-Sep-13 14:36:06

God I'm feeling absolutely shite today. Hungover, anxious and craving sweet stuff.

It just isn't worth it! apart from possibly the maids of honour tarts
sad

Negroni Mon 30-Sep-13 15:09:22

Crabby had never heard of maid of honour tarts before you mentioned them in previous post. Now I have googled, looked at photos and read recipes. Not an ideal way to spend 5 mins when on low carb bootcamp wink

AuntieMaggie Mon 30-Sep-13 15:16:14

I am 2lbs down making a total of 6lbs. I'm ok with that given that I've had some slip ups... I fear I may be heading for another one as I'm sat here waiting for my train feeling tearful (damn you AF!) and I just want a cup of tea and a biscuit sad (damn emotional food issues)

I've just had a crappy salad from m&s at the station for lunch because i deliberately got cash for a lovely salad at the office i was visiting as I'd had one there before and they've closed the restaurant sad bastards

crabby i agree with all your lessons. its especially difficult to follow this woe whenstaying with the inlaws who keep buying you chocolate and beer (which i havent touched). Everyone eats loads of shite carbs and everywhere sells it. And hangovers make you want to eat kfc.

Also everyone is an expert on why you need to eat carbs! (and I'm too nice to tell them to fuck off!

timidviper Mon 30-Sep-13 15:44:14

Crabby I too am feeling very anxious and irritable after eating shite for a week. Tried to ring my friend for a moan and she is out, how very fucking dare she! grin. Am trying to recite "This too will pass" to myself!

Lavenderhoney Mon 30-Sep-13 15:46:31

I have just been a carby twat. Roast potatoes made by me and I couldn't chuck them. I don't know why, but I think if I was sufficiently disciplined to keep a diary, I would know its because of my cycle.

I've been so goodsad. Oh well, onwards and downwards, plus 3 litres of water and I am going to do an excerise DVD after the dc have gone to bed.

(Dons " carby twat" pointy hat and sits in corner)

OK last few days food for you to dissect and hopefully explain my weight gain smile

Everyday I am managing at least 2l of water and 2 decaff coffees with a small swirl of cream.

Yesterday:

B black farmer sausage and 2 slices of back bacon
L prawns in chilli and coriander oil
D slow roast pork with roasted celeriac and mashed swede
S packet of pork scratchings

Saturday

B 2 slices of bacon
L none
D chicken breast stuffed with boursin wrapped in bacon with green beans (one G and ST)

Friday

B none
L salad with vinagerette, tuna and cheese
D tandoori mixed grill, lamb saag and bindi bhaji (2 glasses of white wine)
S packet of pork scratchings

Thursday

B 100g of total FF youghurt, swirl of double cream, splash of vanilla extract
L leftover Spanish chicken (from recipe thread)
D IPD mousakka

Help me please!

Oh and I am beginning week 6 today as I started early.

TOTM not due, also I have started walking home from uni which is 3.6 miles up and down hills so I was hoping that would have helped sad

CrabbyBigBottom Mon 30-Sep-13 16:36:07

New they have to be the original and the best from this place... www.theoriginalmaidsofhonour.co.uk/afternoon-refreshments/ - the tarts are in the bottom centre of the first picture! grin They didn't ever used to open on Sundays so when I saw them open yesterday I couldn't resist. Sorry for putting temptation in your way!

Auntie step away from the biscuits!

I'm reminded of the parable of the buddhist monk who was travelling and was lured into the house of a woman who told him she wanted to hear his preachings. Once inside, she locked the door and hid the key and told him that in order to be set free he had to break his vows in one of the following ways...
Slaughter her goat,
Have sex with her,
Have an alcoholic drink.

She wouldn't be reasoned with, so after much deliberation the monk decided that the least harmful option would be to have an alcoholic drink, thus harming noone but himself.

When he woke up in the morning, however, he discovered that after several drinks he'd ended up killing, cooking and eating the goat, after which he slept with the woman. grin

Moral of the story is that for me, drinking too much (and the resultant hangover) makes me turn into a carby twat! grin Also, giving in to the refined carbs just reawakens all those cravings and means I have to go through this couple of days of feeling shit all over again. angry

<<links arms with Timid and Auntie and chants "This too will pass! > >

ImATotJeSuisUneTot Mon 30-Sep-13 16:41:12

Hi All, lost another 1lb this week, takes me to 146.

My goal at Easter, when I started at 178 was 148. Now im there I can see that I could lose a couple more pounds. And hopefully it will come away from the right parts of me. Thighs!!!

BIWIZ Mon 30-Sep-13 16:42:11

MsIng - you're eating a very protein-heavy diet there, and you're not eating very much.

Where is your veg/salad?!

And you're also eating a lot of processed food - bacon, sausages, pork scratchings, slimline tonic

It could be that you're not actually eating enough, although without seeing your portions that's hard to assess properly.

BIWIZ Mon 30-Sep-13 16:43:18

And you should be drinking at least 3 litres of water, not 2

hello everyone

no weigh-in for me today as i'm away with work. probably a good thing as i had a rather persistent UTI (cross yer legs ladies) and am on antibiotics which always seem to cause problems wrt the scales

well done on reaching week 4!

Hang on, I thought the idea was low carb ie high fat/protein? I am confused, what should I be eating? We have had veg with every main evening meal and I have a salad most days, so not sure why that isn't enough?

I probably have about 100-150g of veg with evening meal, quite big portions, but I am eating until I am comfortably full, so don't always finish. Our portions sizes have dropped dramatically since starting this WOE though, neither of us are hungry.

I can easily lose the processed stuff, I just thought it was ok to have the high quality sausages, I struggle with breakfast as I don't eat eggs. I have realised that I'm not drinking enough and from today will do 3l without fail.

Negroni Mon 30-Sep-13 17:04:58

Well done Imatot - that is a great steady loss!

Crabby -It was me that was "researching" the maid of honours after your tip off. Now I think I may need to go on a field visit to the original bakery so that I can deepen my knowledge of the maid of honour. It would only be a quick tube across town and I could glean first hand knowledge of this historic tart wink

LCHammer Mon 30-Sep-13 17:07:33

STS which is good news as I've been CTing due to family birthday party (and weak will). Determined to keep going though as I feel better and I don't miss the carbs.

I thought pork scratching a were ok & I also eat 97% pork sausages once a week in the belief that they are 'good'. I think I'm a bit muddled about what is ok. I'll check the spreadsheet again.

MotherOfSoupDragon Mon 30-Sep-13 18:43:32

I am fed up of cooking mince or chicken. Does anyone have a link to low carb main meal recipes on a budget? smile

AuntieMaggie Mon 30-Sep-13 18:56:16

Aww crabby you make me smile grin thank you.

Finally home from London and dressed ready for my fitness class... I've missed about 3 months so this is gonna hurt...

BIWIZ Mon 30-Sep-13 19:19:26

MsIng - it is supposed to be high fat, then protein and then carbs - just the way you've written out your meals it doesn't look as if there's that much fat or many carbs (from veg).

But if you're eating plenty of veg then that's fine. What about the fat?

starrystarryknut Mon 30-Sep-13 19:51:11

Ooh I made a fab dinner!! Burger and chips - not joking grin

It goes like this:

Slice a large courgette into long thin slices, then in half crossways, so you end up with flat pieces about 4" long and 1" wide. Put olive oil in frying pan and gently fry both sides until brown. Remove and put on a plate.

Cook your burgers (preferably ones with little or no rusk in them, so the carbs are low - Taste the Difference, or similar quality/type)

Put on a baking sheet and top with some cheese. Place under grill until cheese is melted.

Put a couple of strips of the courgette on the plate, then put the burger and cheese on top. Add a spoonful of salsa (not tomato ketchup) and some lettuce or spinach leaves and tomato slice, then top again with a couple of slices of the courgette.

For the chips:

Cut celeriac into chip shapes, parboil for a few minutes, drain and pat dry on a clean towel. Melt coconut oil in a frying pan, and fry the celeriac chips until browned.

Done! Burger and chips gringrin

Everything is fried in butter or groundnut oil, lots of homemade vinaigrette, as fatty a cut of meat as I can find, pork belly, rib eye steak, chicken thighs etc. I'm a bit concerned about having too much dairy but we do have leeks in cheese sauce/cream sauces.

Twit Mon 30-Sep-13 20:20:44

motherofsoupdragon have you tried pork belly? I either get the ready cut strips or the joint, whichever I can afford.
Thanks for the advice. I am a bit down and stressed at the moment, which makes me want to cheat, but the only cheat I've done is a few nuts and some cups of tea ( for my sore throat) so so far so good. No weight loss yet but my medicine was probably mostly sugar so not surprised. Oh well.

I am going for the red skinnies. I have hung them up so I can see them all the time to motivate me. grin and I'm going to dig out my Callanetics DVD, as my hips and pelvis and stomach need gentle stuff, not running or anything good like that wink and see if that helps with the pmt shit any more than chocolate & biscuits.... <yeah right>
Anyhow, here is today's food. And lots of water, 3litres so far.
Breakfast, hard boiled egg, water, decaf bullet proof coffee, as I read caffeine might inhibit loss
Lunch, two fried belly steaks in butter, two lumps of frozen spinach topped with butter, water
Tea, er, oops. Water? Oh and a cold belly steak. I'm not hungry though.
I'm not eating enough am I? <hopeful>
I hope everyone has had a good day and has a great evening? smile

pixiegumboot Mon 30-Sep-13 20:26:48

OK I have been v. crap. Finding it hard to keep up water intake. especially after bulletproof coffee. I think I'm going back to boot camp angry angry

MotherOfSoupDragon Mon 30-Sep-13 20:33:38

Twit how do you cook the pork belly and how long for?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now