Is anyone fasting on low carb or paleo?

(5 Posts)
KinkyDorito Mon 30-Sep-13 07:00:29

If so, what principles do you apply to it? Is it 5:2 with reduced calorie intake, or do you just skip a meal or two?

Thanks smile

sammisatt Mon 30-Sep-13 09:56:11

I skip breakfast. 16:8 I think it's called? It's made the carbs creep in though as I tend to get a bit more relaxed during the feeding periods! I am determined to be a lot stricter with myself. It's very easy though not eating until midday.

giraffeseatpineapples Mon 30-Sep-13 11:23:43

I tried 5:2 for about 8 months but didnt really get on that well with it in in the end so switched to paleo. I do sometimes still have a sort of mini fast by having a late breakfast and an earlish dinner but I don't count calories. Like sam, for me it is more about having a contracted eating time so body can have a break and go into repair/ fat burning or whatever is supposed to happen.

I have skipped breakfast today; just having eggs and bacon now. Will probably have dinner around 6 and then stop eating. Have already done 2 school runs, cut the grass, and done some laundry; apparently weightloss through excersise is best achieved by doing excersise before breakfast so i am hoping the same applies to weightloss through house work ;)

You have prob seen this but anyway heres a link to a good articleIF MDA

giraffeseatpineapples Mon 30-Sep-13 11:25:12

Oh I try to eat normal primal style in the eating periods but did also have a square of chocolate with my cuppa smile

I don't eat til noon as well and work out after playgroup drop.
I found fasting all day and bf too much

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now