Milk

(10 Posts)

Inclusionist I have to admit I've never made them in the microwave, but on the hob would add butter and/or cream (usually just butter tbh). I would have thought butter with the eggs in the microwave would be fine?

hazchem Wed 28-Aug-13 22:34:12

bisjo That's so weird as the counts are quite different. I wonder why the count is so different in Australia? Which is where my links are from. What are our cows eating ?

difficultpickle Wed 28-Aug-13 17:47:06

Carb content of Lactofree milk. Not carb free but lower in carbs than ordinary milk. When I'm being serious about low carbing I've used this successfully and still stayed in ketosis.

Inclusionist Wed 28-Aug-13 16:24:09

How do you make scrambled eggs nice in the microwave without it? <clueless>

with milk the carbs add up pretty quickly if you have more than a couple of cups of tea a day

also it is very low fat (even whole milk is only about 3.5% fat)

hazchem Wed 28-Aug-13 02:36:20

Bisjo lactose free milk has the same amount of carbs as regular milk.

Lactose free milk has 4.9 grams of carbs per 100
Regular milk has 4.9 grams of carbs per 100

I only know because someone on mumet said this a while ago and I spent for ever checking the different labels.

You can try coconut cream, cream or ... butter in your coffee.

Look up (Google?) the carb count of milk - most times you'll be better off having cream smile Personally I never use milk (tried soya milk for a while, but it's vile, really).

Tortington Tue 27-Aug-13 22:20:41

no milk

difficultpickle Tue 27-Aug-13 22:20:04

I think it is bad because of the lactose. You can get lactose free milk which is okay for low carbing.

AugustaCarp Tue 27-Aug-13 22:17:43

How does milk figure? Good or bad? Am trying to get my head round this woe!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now