Help! TMI question - you have been warned!

(10 Posts)
KinkyDorito Tue 27-Aug-13 18:32:30

I'm on day 2 and have awful diarrhea. I have IBS and wanted to try this WOE to help it. At the minute I'm feeling pretty fed up as it's worse than normal.

I haven't eaten anything I wouldn't as part of my normal diet, so don't think I'm intolerant to dairy for example.

Last time I tried low carb, I struggled more with constipation, so I wasn't expecting this. I'm going back to work next week and there's no way I could do it with my stomach this bad.

Any help or advice would be really appreciated.

HumphreyCobbler Tue 27-Aug-13 18:34:15

could you have a bug?

KinkyDorito Tue 27-Aug-13 18:37:44

No, I don't think so. This is very IBS in style.

KinkyDorito Tue 27-Aug-13 18:40:48

My food, in case you are interested:

Total yogurt with cream and cinnamon
Decaff coffee with splash of cream
2 egg omlette cooked in butter with spinach, mushroom and a bit of cheddar served with side salad of leaves, cucumber slices and mayo. (Upset stomach had already started by this point.)
Decaff coffee with splash cream
Roasted veg with handful of quorn pieces, mozzerella and green pesto served on bed of spinach dressed in olive oil.

Buckets of water.

dementedma Fri 30-Aug-13 23:06:44

I'm the opposite. Despite loads of veg and water I am a bit constipated. Hope things will settle down soon

78bunion Sat 31-Aug-13 13:01:01

Total yogurt with cream and cinnamon - Avoid dairy in my view entirely
Decaff coffee with splash of cream - I avoid caffeine and of course cream as it is dairy
2 egg omlette cooked in butter with spinach, mushroom and a bit of cheddar served with side salad of leaves, cucumber slices and mayo. (Upset stomach had already started by this point.)
Again you have loaded in diary to that meal

Decaff coffee with splash cream - agian caffeine and dairy

Roasted veg with handful of quorn pieces, mozzerella and green pesto served on bed of spinach dressed in olive oil. - quorn is a fake thing which does not live naturally and again you have cheese.

Cheese is a processed food which is arguably not paleo. It does not grow no trees and is not very natural and lots of people do not do well on it.
Caffeine is just a drug which no one needs.

Try eating an even more natural diet.

dementedma Sat 31-Aug-13 16:45:10

Wow 78. Could you suggest some options that OP and me can eat?

kinky I always get the same when I start/restart low carbing. For me it tends to stop within about four days max. I do however avoid yoghurt and cream in in coffee and creamier cheeses is and found that helped me enormously.

KinkyDorito Sat 31-Aug-13 18:45:06

It's getting better. Thanks for the suggestions.

78 I'm doing low-carb, not paleo. I know that paleo doesn't include dairy. I'm mostly vege with a little fish chucked in, so I would struggle I think.

MrsH I stopped yogurt after that day and I think that helped. I seem to be eating a lot of eggs!

Ys, I find eggs fine, but cream and yoghurt in particular doesn't seem to work for me! You'll be feeling a million dollars very soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now