Question about eggs

(3 Posts)
Faverolles Mon 26-Aug-13 09:18:47

I've been having eggs for breakfast every morning, I just want to know if this is ok?
Also, I use eggs from my own chickens, which are smaller than supermarket eggs. If I have a two egg omelette, I'm starving by 11am. If I have a three egg omelette, I'm fine until 12-1.
Is it ok to have three, or should I be limiting my portion sizes more?

pootlebug Mon 26-Aug-13 18:38:34

I often have 3 supermarket-size eggs. Although I can't answer for whether I'm 'supposed' to as I really don't know. I thought the idea was that you need to feel satisfied and not get too worked up on trying to cut quantity, so I'd go with the 3 you need to get you through to lunch.

i agree with pootle - if you don't want to eat your next meal before 12-1 then eat the three eggs rather than two. if you feel like you can manage with fewer in the future then by all means cut down, but for low carbing to be a sustainable way of eating you need to feel satiated and satisfied with amount you're eating

i will often have 3 medium/large eggs

v jealous of your own eggs from home - it's always a treat when i go to my parents' where they have their own eggs, they taste fantastic

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now