Am I doing this wrong?

(12 Posts)
Jelly15 Sat 24-Aug-13 13:15:22

I have been low carbing for 10 weeks. I lost 9 lbs in the first two weeks but since then I have lost only an average of 1.5 a week. This is my average day;

B: 2 poached eggs and 2 rashers of bacon
L: Green salad with 45g of strong chedder drizzled with olive oil
D: 2 pork chops with fried leeks and 20g of melted cheese
S: 100g full fat live yogurt and 15g of mexican cheese

I drink 3 mugs of coffee with a splash of cream

I love the diet and have so much energy and all my PMS has gone but I would like it to come off a little faster. Any suggestions would be welcome.

HeySoulSister Sat 24-Aug-13 13:16:57

Exercise?

HumphreyCobbler Sat 24-Aug-13 13:18:26

I think you are losing the correct amount though - this is sustainable weight loss.

BlackAffronted Sun 25-Aug-13 09:14:05

1.5 a week is very normal! The big weightloss in the first weeks is made up mostly of water. You cant really lose more than 2lb a week of actual fat.

BlackAffronted Sun 25-Aug-13 09:14:39

Another thing, your menu is cheese/dairy heavy! You could cut down on that for a bit.

SamanthaJones Sun 25-Aug-13 09:17:31

Cut back the cheese. Take vitamins. Don't be afraid of (good) fat.

Yes, you are doing it right! I'd probably up the green veg too.

TheNaughtySausage Mon 26-Aug-13 13:56:41

Nope, read this as it answers your question in perfect detail!

Well done on your losses so far, keep going!

Jelly15 Mon 26-Aug-13 16:58:52

Thanks for the replies. Really interesting article that has given me motivation and I will cut back on the dairy.

BIWI Cote D'Ivoire Thu 29-Aug-13 23:23:47

Firstly, how much do you weigh now, and how tall are you?

Second, well done on your weight loss so far - that's fab! But the best way to lose weight is slowly. This makes it more sustainable in the long term. And that means 1-2lbs a week, which is exactly what you are doing.

As others have said, though, you are eating a lot of dairy - so it might be worth looking at cutting that down/out and see if that helps increase your rate of loss a little.

Jelly15 Tue 03-Sep-13 14:01:57

I have really struggled this week to cut down on the cheese, I think I have replaced my sugar addiction with a cheese one!

I walk a around 15 to 20 miles a week at a fast pace but I really can't find anymore time to exercise. I now weigh 12 st 6 lbs, I am 5' 3" and 44 years old.

BIWI Cote D'Ivoire Tue 03-Sep-13 18:25:59

What have you been eating over the last few days then? And have you lost any more since your OP?

BIWI Cote D'Ivoire Tue 03-Sep-13 18:30:15

But please be assured, you are definitely doing nothing wrong! This is a good and sustainable rate of loss.

One thing to warn you of, though - in weeks 3, 4 and/or 5 it is very common to see weight loss stop altogether. No idea why, but it definitely happens. If this is what is happening/has happened to you, don't panic but just keep doing what you're doing. The weight will start to shift again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now