The Low Carb Bootcamp Continues!

(997 Posts)
BIWI Fri 02-Aug-13 14:33:47

The other thread was almost full, so here's a bright, shiny new one.

And here's the Spreadsheet of Fabulousness

And just in case you haven't discovered it yet, here is the recipe thread. Some truly lovely recipes on here that are worth a try.

Ruprekt Sun 08-Sep-13 21:59:29

Not long to go now........smilesmilesmilesmile

Smalline Sun 08-Sep-13 21:36:59

Please please please can I be added to the Spreadsheet of fabulousness, thank you

Mouseface Sun 08-Sep-13 17:49:24

I can't, I have to look after Nemo, and I have now been sick.... I've got to change his tube tapes and give it all a good clean, DH can't do it. I'll go to bed when Nemo does... I've got physio first thing...

Sorry for the sob story but I've gone right off the boil now... are we using the 'sign up' thread as the new one? When this is full? I'll go find it...

I suppose one good thing is I'll be lighter tomorrow for the weigh in! [very weak grin ]

BIWI Sun 08-Sep-13 17:17:43

Mouse sorry you're still feeling so poorly sad. I'd take to my bed if I were you. Get nice and warm and see if you can sleep at all.

BIWI Sun 08-Sep-13 17:17:13

Oh yes, Ruprekt wink

Ruprekt Sun 08-Sep-13 17:14:12

Biwi......have you got a new big stick for the new big bootcamp? grin

Mouseface Sun 08-Sep-13 16:43:07

So, how can I reverse how I'm feeling.... I've had a cold low carb sausage and a slither of crustless quiche, small bowl of salad greens, couple of thin slices of cheddar, 5 hazelnuts, 1 square of 80% Lindt dark choc and 3 pints of water....

There is a roast chicken in the oven which I'll have 3 sprouts, a few bits of broccoli with, peppered and buttered (I hate sprouts but we're limited this week as DH is DIYing the kitchen and doing a fab job of smile ) no gravy or spuds, but I might put a blob of mayo on for my chicken. I just feel so sick.

I want my bed sad

FrameyMcFrame Sun 08-Sep-13 16:32:53

Thanks you guys smile
I like the sound of leek and ricotta fritatta, yummy smile
Eggs are so great, they hold my appetite for a long time. I had a mushroom and cheese omlette this morning and I wasn't hungry again until 2.

BIWI Sun 08-Sep-13 14:18:32

grin

Very pleased for you, StuntNun - but it was you and your DH who have done the hard work!

StuntNun Sun 08-Sep-13 14:01:31

I just want to say a big thank you to BIWI after a happy half hour trying on my old size 12 jeans that I haven't fit in to since 2011! Three months ago I was in size 16s. I could not have done it without all the encouragement and occasional stern words. wink And I certainly couldn't have done it on a standard low cal, low fat diet. So thank you thank you thank you to everyone who has held my hand, given recipe ideas, offered support and provided me with inspiration with your own weight loss stories.

DH is similarly happy now that he's back into his old size 30 inch jeans.

Seriously can't wait to start Bootcamping tomorrow to try and shift those last nine pounds to reach my target weight.

Mouseface Sun 08-Sep-13 13:25:50

Lesson learnt! Seriously, I thought, oh one, homemade little naan bread won't kill me and Bootcamp starts again on Monday so I can be good as gold then and this was my wheat first cheat.....

Well, feck me and call me Egbert but if that's what I can look forward to, then that is the LAST time I will EVER go off piste. The End. grin

BIWI Sun 08-Sep-13 13:15:15

Mouse - glad to hear that it's going so well for you!

Sorry about the being poorly though. Sadly lots of people report awful symptoms when they cave in to the carbs, especially from wheat.

mouse flowers for the upset tummy and flowers for being so wonderfully encouraging even when afflicted!
Massive well done ruprekt and framey!

It is such a nice way to lose weight and feel better!

BerylStreep Sun 08-Sep-13 13:01:37

I have just made leek and ricotta fritatta for lunch. Is currently cooling before I eat. If it is any good I will post the recipe. I have discovered 2 old Atkins recipe books, and they have some wonderful recipes in them.

Mouse my tummy is always a bit upset if I go off piste - although that sounds like a fairly horrific experience. Don't think I have ever been that bad.

Mouseface Sun 08-Sep-13 12:20:14

Afternoon, tis me, Mouse

Trucks - You bloody superstar you!! Well done! That is a fabulous post to read and has made me swell with pride for you, I can feel the sense of achievement you're feeling in your words, great work! xx

Framey - Good for you! Isn't it great when you can actually get into your jeans? Jeans have always been my bench mark when it comes to weight, way too tight = flabby sight, slide on well = hot as hell grin

Ruprekt - Nice work! Here, have some more thanks grin

Purple - I have written a list of all the food DH has to eat to get it out of my sight so I can't be tempted!! grin

WELL DONE TO EVERYONE WHO IS LOSING OR MAINTAINING! thanks

Planning is definitely the key to my success.... I've been living in Aldi, well, not literally, that'd be weird, but pretty much! Their fresh prawns, beef, chicken and pork steaks, quiche (cutting the crusts off), and cheeses are great, (which is good news for this little Mouse grin) everything is so low in price, it's fantastic.

Even the processed meats are good, they are lower carbs than most other places but they tend to be a last resort or as something different, like corned beef for example. I tend to cook a couple of chicken breasts, then have them sliced in the fridge, hard boiled eggs, cheese chunks, all ready cut, cold low carb sausages pre cooked and chopped up etc.... Pepperami are on offer in Morrisons atm, 5 packs are half price. I class them as a treat because they're processed.

Great for an emergency snack though.... Lots of salad and green veg, just a really good mix of foods, the more colourful my plate, the better I feel.

Aldi are good for nuts too, brazil, walnut, hazel etc.... not in the first part of BC but as you go on, they are much cheaper than anywhere else here. smile

Plus, Nemo is now at school doing full days so I can try and get to the gym, and very carefully get into a very gentle programme that my trainer set for me, I too have abs of steel, and I can actually see some tone and definition coming back! Plus my waist is getting more and more visible with each week that passes!! smile

We don't have a waitrose near to us, but I do check Morrisons for reduced fish that DH and I can have that day or freeze.

Now that Autumn is setting in, I'm looking forward to Sunday roasts again minus the gravy and spuds. I miss desserts though.... any ideas for low carb, warm puds? Aldi do instant hot choc drinks that aren't too high so if I crave a warm pudding, I've been having one of those.

Looking forward to weigh in tomorrow!! smile

TMI ALERT! blush

And, lastly (I promise, sorry for waffling on and on! blush) has anyone else had, ahem, any emergency dashing to the loo incidents after eating something a bit spicy or bread (I caved to DH's delicious homemade garlic naan bread last night with his chicken curry), my first 'real' cave in and boy have I suffered!

My insides are now mainly in the loo blush and I had a terribly crampy, upset tummy all night, I thought it was the food I had last night given I've not had this dish for months, but wanted to ask you if anyone else has had this happen to them. I was horrid!! Utterly. 2.30am is not the time to be getting yourself cleaned up blush x a million and looking for clean PJs! Asking DH to look away so that I could sort myself out blush

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo horrific! Sorry for the TMI, I'm just curious as to see if I'm aloe in this experience?

BIWI Sun 08-Sep-13 12:08:36

If you're happy on Bootcamp, then yes - no reason why not. As long as you are making sure that your carbs are coming mainly from veg and salad.

Purple2012 Sun 08-Sep-13 09:10:26

I've been doing it for 9 days so far and will probably do boot camp a bit longer. I think you can do boot camp as long as you like.

Ruprekt Sun 08-Sep-13 09:06:00

Not really BIWI!

I needed to start on 1 Sept for my own mentality iyswim

I thought I would do Official Bootcamp with everyone for the next 2 weeks. So 3 weeks on bootcamp. What do you think?

BIWI Sat 07-Sep-13 20:20:36

Woo hoo! Brilliant, the pair of you! flowers

Although I think that's cheating starting a week before everyone else

FrameyMcFrame Sat 07-Sep-13 17:18:52

Hi just popping in to tell BIWI that I have lost 8 lbs since starting this WOE inspired by reading these threads.
Thanks for the help at the start BIWI, I now have a 'healthy weight' on the WII Fit smile
And I can fasten my trousers.

Ruprekt Sat 07-Sep-13 16:59:26

I started bootcamp last Sunday at 184lbs.

Today I am 176lbs!!

thanksthanks For me!! gringringrin

Purple2012 Sat 07-Sep-13 09:40:56

My husband asked me if I was allowed chips! Bless him. I was mmanically busy yesterday and he said he would get me chips if I wanted. I said no.

I am making him use up all the carby processed food in the house. Once he has done that I will do him lower carb stuff, just not as low as me.

BIWI Sat 07-Sep-13 08:06:45

Well, StuntNun, Bootcamp hasn't started yet!

StuntNun Sat 07-Sep-13 08:03:39

Well done Trucks!

Me too BIWI, my abs are like a rock... a heavily cushioned rock.

OK confession time, I ate chips yesterday - holds out hand for a slap. DH and I went out for lunch but the restaurant had closed confused and we couldn't find anywhere else before we had to collect DS2 from school. We didn't have anything in the house that could be prepared quickly so I went to the chippy. I keep repeating my mantra - I am a carby twat.

prettybird Fri 06-Sep-13 23:05:20

Earlier this week I bought a celeriac that was reduced on Sainsbury's. It had been £1.40 per kilo and they had reduced it to £1.04 per celeriac. Unfortunately some of them were quite small and if you looked under the Reduced sticker they had been under a pound confused.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now