What do you eat when you're sick?

(10 Posts)

Baked sweet potato wedges?
Roast carrots?
Simple and sweet and a bit starchy. Or natural yoghurt with grated apple is good for post d and v.

Hope you feel better ASAP

snoworneahva Mon 15-Jul-13 21:35:58

Soup - carbs would give me craps and bloating - not great when you have D&V.

PineappleLump Mon 15-Jul-13 21:27:41

A couple of teaspoons of peanut butter (the Sainsburys value one is the lowest I think) - nice and savoury but not meaty. Settled my tummy a treat when I had the V&D bug a few months back

Secondsop Sun 14-Jul-13 21:31:35

I'm no doctor but it sounds a bit unlikely that bread would give you sickness and diarrhoea - sounds more like you have a bug (and possibly the one I had a week ago!). I'd eat the toast. i tried to resist carbs when i was sick but i then wasnt eating barely anything and felt worse and worse and in the end caved and ate a pizza (a proper Italian one but not that that makes it any less carby) as I was really struggling. I had a horrible first couple of days resisting the carbs and not eating and I do wish I'd just had a bowl of porridge with cream at the start and been done with it. Whilst I don't think my body needed the carbs to get better, it did need me to eat something rather than nothing.

eatyourveg Sun 14-Jul-13 13:47:54

toast with marmite on

BillComptonstrousers Sun 14-Jul-13 13:39:29

Is there a chance the bread I had yesterday will have made me sick? I've had none for 4 weeks, then had a couple of slices of ciabatta yesterday with some olive oil, I was so bloated when I went to bed, the poorly in the night.

Salty crisps or an ice pop.

LineRunner Sun 14-Jul-13 13:32:59

Heinz tomato soup, eventually.

IvanaCake Sun 14-Jul-13 13:31:58

To be honest I would just have the toast and some flat coke or lemonade to help settle your stomach.

BillComptonstrousers Sun 14-Jul-13 11:22:40

I've had sickness and diarrhoea since last night. But I'm starting to get a bit peckish. Can't face cheese/eggs/meat, but would normally have dry toast or plain cereal. Any suggestions?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now