How strict on a low carb diet

(4 Posts)
Osmiornica Tue 09-Jul-13 16:27:26

Can you lose weight on a low carb diet if you slip up now and again or do you end up ruining your good work?

I've read up a fair bit and understand some of it but don't get how long it takes to get into fat burning mode and what happens if you eat too many carbs one day.

Do you then have to go back to the start and spend another x day/weeks getting back into fat burning mode or is it quicker to revert?

When I've tried low carb in the past (and now) I've lost the initial water weight but then just the one slip makes me put it back on again and I'm back where I started from. At least with ww and sw I could see the weight go down and stay down.

BlackAffronted Tue 09-Jul-13 16:35:51

Eating too many carbs does kick you out of ketosis, and can cause water weight to be gained. It can be lost quickly though with a few very strict days & plenty of water.

HeySoulSister Tue 09-Jul-13 17:04:16

I find I can get away with a bit more fruit these days than I ever used to. I exercise lots tho,not sure if that makes a difference

snoworneahva Wed 10-Jul-13 06:14:15

You don't have to be in ketosis to lose weight. But if coming out of ketosis give ou a to hell with it feeling then you will gain it all back again. On Paleo, I don't think many people aim for ketosis but loads lose weight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now