please could someone help me?

(9 Posts)
LadyMaryCrawley Tue 09-Jul-13 09:02:40

Hello

I need some help/advice please! I'm not on the official boot camp thread but lurk a lot... you are all very inspiring!

I've been low carbing for 8 weeks now. My starting weight was 14st 8lb and I'm 5 foot 5 and a size 18, so I have a fair amount to lose. We went away in week 3 where I managed to stick to it some of the time but not all and put 2.5 lb back on. It came off again though smile.

I'm currently at 13st 5lb but the scales haven't moved for a fortnight now. I don't drink caffeine, I try to drink lots of water, some days I don't drink enough.

A typical menu:
Breakfast: scrambled eggs made with butter, ham
Lunch: Salad leaves, avocado, prawns, cucumber, mayo
Dinner: another salad if it's a hot day, but with lots of tasty goodies like cheese and salami and eggs and whatnot. Or something like roast chicken thighs with med veg and a nice sauce.

I follow the Idiot proof diet and I'm exclusively breastfeeding my 5mo DD.

Have I stalled or am I being too impatient?

Thank you!

HeySoulSister Tue 09-Jul-13 10:16:48

I think stalling for a while us normal! smile

I'm a lurker too, maybe we should go on thread and ask, but I'm sure biwi has said stalling does happen but scales eventually move again

Keep at it and well done!

BlackAffronted Tue 09-Jul-13 10:35:00

Stalls are very normal on this WOE ... I have had many! Low carb weight loss is not linear, we stay the same then get visits from the whoosh fairy grin

Be patient, think about how this way of eating is benifitting yoru body & health & enjoy the pounds dropping when it happens smile

HeySoulSister Tue 09-Jul-13 10:37:05

I'm cursing that whoosh fairy this morning!! My new shorts now require a belt! They didn't when I bought them 3 weeks ago!

BIWI Tue 09-Jul-13 10:45:07

Well, you've lost a whopping 17lbs in 8 weeks, which is pretty good going, especially if you went off piste during one of those weeks!

I'd say that you're probably just being a bit impatient.

As others have said, weight loss isn't linear, and all kinds of things can affect it. Things like your menstrual cycle, how much stress you're under or even if you're not sleeping well can all impact on weight loss.

My advice to you, other than to relax a little grin, is to make sure that you're eating enough fat and drinking enough water.

Also, make sure you're not eating too much dairy and processed stuff. Avoid artificially sweetened foods and drinks.

But you can reassure yourself that the way you are losing weight is much more sustainable in the long term.

You are doing brilliantly! flowers

BIWI Tue 09-Jul-13 10:45:52

And a plea - if you haven't already done it, please could you complete this survey about Bootcamp? All views are valued, even if you've just lurked rather than followed the whole thing to the letter!

LadyMaryCrawley Tue 09-Jul-13 11:11:59

Thank you all for your replies, it's so great to have such support.

I do try to avoid processed food but...I do sneak the odd Atkins bar blush every so often <awaits scolding>… usually after a bad night with the baby. I know they are bad so will stop that!

Am going to take wise BIWI's advice and relax while necking more water.

Hope the whoosh fairy visits us all soon!

LadyMaryCrawley Wed 10-Jul-13 11:58:05

Yay, lost 1.5 lbs! Hurrah!

BIWI Wed 10-Jul-13 12:33:19

Woo hoo! flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now