Unexpected benefits when low carbing

(3 Posts)
NooMyx Thu 11-Jul-13 21:12:31

I don't burn as easily these days either. I don't know if it's the healthier food, the lack of something nasty, or the D3 vitamin I've been taking through the year.

My skin is generally better, but I guess that's quite common. Hormones also - first time ever with a regular cycle.

I wasn't expecting my asthma to get better mysteriously, though. I used to have a lot of bad spells and needed my reliever a lot and had to take steroids and needed a nebuliser every now and again. These days I only need a small daily inhalator and go symptom free. I used to have a cold at least every other month. None of that for about a year and a half now.

thenightsky Thu 11-Jul-13 14:04:02

I know what you mean, this heat hasn't affected me as badly as it normally does, and I was even ok in Spain last week. I never even considered the low carb could be why.

I find I sleep better, have much smoother skin and much lighter periods.

hiddenhome Mon 08-Jul-13 22:37:27

Have any of you noticed any positive things that you didn't expect when low carbing?

I have found that I'm calmer and less jittery. My mood is more stable. I have more energy (I know that's a common one), but also I was out in the garden today and I didn't end up with heatstroke. I normally react very badly to any heat/sun and feel very ill and have to go inside with cold drinks and paracetamol, but I've been fine so far and am wondering if it's the low carbs confused I know it sounds daft, but I just feel so much better and stronger in myself since I cut them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now