Ongoing Low Carb Bootcamp Chat Thread

(1000 Posts)
BIWI Mon 08-Jul-13 08:52:45

Well done everyone who completed the Summer Bootcamp!

here is the Spreadsheet of Fabulousness if you want to continue adding to it

Obviously there are many of us who want to continue, either to lose more weight or just for general support to help with this WOE, so here is a brand new, shiny chat thread.

As for me, having slipped a lot a little when I was away, I'm firmly back on the wagon today.

And can I remind you, that if you haven't completed the survey we would be very grateful for your views/thoughts on how we can improve Bootcamp.

Pleaseandthankyou Mon 08-Jul-13 19:25:03

Biwi and Willie I just want to thank you for the boot camp and all your hard work. I haven't posted but I have been lurking and you have given me inspiration to lose 10lbs in 10 weeks. I'm sure it would have been more but I have had quite a few "occasions" which won't have helped. I'm going to try to stick to it. Back to size 12 in time for the holidays and the majority of the weight seems to have come off my waist. I might even dig my bikini out. I can't believe how easy it has been but I wouldn't have stuck to it without your posts. Thanks again

BIWI Mon 08-Jul-13 20:25:29

My pleasure! Have you filled in the survey, by the way? Link here, if you haven't

Negroni Mon 08-Jul-13 20:28:58

Yes, thanks so much for the bootcamp, only joined a few weeks back and now want to do a whole one!

Wow at some of the big losses some of you have had. Well done!!

Struggling today after my alcohol followed by chips fail on Saturday and then wobbling while half way back onto the wagon yesterday- sips of beer, diet lemonade, bite of cake. I am blaming Murray for making me so tense I was forced to graze!

Now today going ok. But feel heavier - too scared. to weigh self yet - and also for first time in ages am feeling like I fancy something sweet. Need to get back into the zone before I am found surrounded by cake crumbs and empty quavers packets!!

I had the most delicious lunch today, Fillet steak topped with brie, garlic mushrooms, baby plum tomatoes and rocket smile
The fillet steak was £2.60 on yellow sticker! Score!
I had roast chicken thighs and cauli with Indian spices for dinner. It has been a very good food day! grin

BerylStreep Mon 08-Jul-13 21:42:01

BIWI count yourself lucky that there were no MNers in the supermarket to witness your strawberry consumption!

BIWI Mon 08-Jul-13 21:48:00

grin

couch25cakes Mon 08-Jul-13 22:07:05

I'm going to try and keep logging my meals, to keep me accountable grin
B- a black farmer sausage and scrambled eggs with a splash of cream
L- leftover lamb koftas and salad, dressing
D- satay chicken from a new low carb cookbook, with fired courgettes and leeks

I bought DD peaches and I'd love one but I'm trying t resist. How carny are peaches?

ZimboMum Mon 08-Jul-13 22:12:06

thanks all for the support and encouragement and stick waving. 12lbs down in 10 weeks. Never thought it possible. Off to a wedding party (friends got married three months ago at Victoria falls and having a party for all those that couldn't make it) at the beginning of august and a week later i turn 30 so planning on really going for it so I can feel happy with people taking pics <shallow>

BIWI Mon 08-Jul-13 22:20:51

couch - about 12g carbs per small peach (10g per 100g)

HumphreyCobbler Mon 08-Jul-13 22:26:41

Just popping in to say well done to everyone completing bootcamp. Sounds like you have had some brilliant losses smile

I am really looking forward to starting again when the baby is here (I cannot seem to cut out any carbs at all when pregnant, sadly - I am blaming the hormones) and am delighted to read that it is ok to low carb when breastfeeding!

FattyMcChubster Mon 08-Jul-13 22:27:35

Checking in. Good start to last week (my first lc week) but Thursday and Friday were terrible. No self control. Totally off the wagon.
Saturday better and Sunday just ok.
Much better today.
Af has appeared, not had that for years (pill stops them) so I'm guessing that didn't help?
Started back properly and strictly today so will start 2 weeks again from today.
4lb down from last week so heading in right direction but need to keep on the straight and narrow. Can't be starting again and again each week.

FFS. To quote an earlier thread I have been a bit of a sugary twat this evening. Don't ask. Grrrrrrrr.....

ToomuchIsBackOnBootcamp Tue 09-Jul-13 00:29:16

Evening losers!! Huge flowers to everyone who has stuck with it and done so well. Hearing about milestones is so lovely.

I had a couple of carby moments at end of last week due to emotions and TOTM but thankfully not enough to derail me and start a total "fuckit" train. I even toasted my fellow Scot Andy's win with a decaff coffee with cream rather than various alcoholic options!!

I am now 3.5 lbs away from my "magic number", the weight i was told i should aim for and thought, nearly a year ago, not a cats chance in hell will i ever get there. and it's my birthday in 3 weeks. I feel a personal challenge has been set ... smile

loopyloou Tue 09-Jul-13 00:53:47

Sorry, I posted on the old thread. Haven't weighed, lost the plot completely. Don't know how to get back on track and more importantly how to stay on track.

captainmummy Tue 09-Jul-13 08:07:57

loopylou - read the rules on the spreadsheet. Read Briffa. read about the damage and dangers of sugar. Eat proper food - meat and veg, eggs, butter, cream.

You can do it - we will help.

BlackAffronted Tue 09-Jul-13 08:11:00

Have put on 7lb on over night for absolutely no reason hmm bit gutted really. I had a chunk of 85% dark choc yesterday, but surely that cant be the reason?

loopy definitely read 'Escape the Diet Trap' by John Briffa. It has completely brainwashed indoctrinated changed the way I think, and totally convinced me this is the healthiest way to eat.

BlackAffronted Tue 09-Jul-13 08:13:09

Fatty, Id had no periods for abour 12 years until I started this woe, and now I get a small spotty one every month or so. The only downside to this!

Aw, that's shit Black. Drink lots of water today - if it's hot where you are you will need extra so it's just 7lb of water retention I should think smile

CrabbyBigBottom Tue 09-Jul-13 08:28:22

Black could your scales be up the creek? You can't possibly have gained half a stone of fat overnight, so it must be water or your scales being mean and nasty to you! Did you say something to upset them? grin

Well it's a final loss for me this bootcamp of 17lbs. Down to 11st 6lbs from 12st 9lbs. Could have been more, I'm sure, but I've had a few planned off-piste weekends and drunk too much wine so I'm very happy with that.

Yay go Toomuch!! 3.5lbs in 3 weeks to reach your landmark is very achievable. Go for it girl!

CrabbyBigBottom Tue 09-Jul-13 08:28:56

Yy to the drink extra water in this heat - very very important.

BIWI Tue 09-Jul-13 08:37:34

Black - it's not 'real' weight. Drink lots of water and do a bit of exercise today, and then make sure you're following the rules strictly for the next couple of days, and you'll be fine.

Crabby - that's brilliant!

TooMuch - fantastic! I'm sure you can do 3.5lbs in the next 3 weeks

BIWI Tue 09-Jul-13 08:45:04

Really interesting blog post here about the benefits of coconut oil - especially interesting re its effect on abdominal fat here

CrabbyBigBottom Tue 09-Jul-13 08:54:02

Ooh I've just measured myself, and total losses are as follows:
Narrowest part of waist - 6.5cm
Round navel - 5cm
Hips - 11cm!!! That's my 'belly' bit that I wanted to get rid of!
Biggest part of bum - 4.5cm
Top of thigh - 5cm. Whoop whoop! grin
Above knee (god I hate my fat knees) - 2cm
Widest part of calf - 1.5cm
And finally... Drumroll...
Arm above the elbow (the only bit of me I hate more than my knees, but at least it's easier to hide knees) - 3cm.

Still got a stone to go, but I'm smile smile smile this morning.

Keep losing, losers! wink

loopyloou Tue 09-Jul-13 09:04:38

Sorry for being so negative yesterday. Congratulations to everyone for your weight loss.

The problem is I've read the rules, I know how to eat low carb but I just can't stick to it because I crave sugar and where before a couple of biscuits were enough, now I don't seem to be able to get enough. I'm very jealous of everyone who says they don't enjoy cake, chocolate, anything sweet anymore, I unfortunately still enjoy it! It tastes great.

I imagine I'll get back on track again this week but what's the point if after a week I lose my willpower again?

All I do is lose 4 lbs then put them back on.

I'll see if I can get that book from the library, thanks.

Sorry to moan. As some of you know I'm sticking to a very low budget as dh lost his job, it's all getting to me a bit. I have been trying to buy cheaper cuts of meat, but then have probably blown £15 on chocolate over the last week hmm What a waste of money!

On the plus side, I barely drink wink

Keep the tips coming, I'm really grateful for any help. I know I feel better eating this way, but it's as if once I start to feel better, I "forget" that, it's no longer as important.

This thread is not accepting new messages.