Best low -carb shakes?

(5 Posts)
LittleEsme Tue 25-Jun-13 14:05:57

I've bought exante in the past which are lovely and v effective but also V expensive.

I want something I can make up myself, probably cheaper that way, and obviously has to be low-carb and taste half decent.

Help!

LittleEsme Wed 26-Jun-13 06:28:13

Bump

justpoppy Wed 26-Jun-13 09:22:42

Do you mean protein shakes? I use Reflex Natural Whey. Its lower carb than most and doesn't have any artificial sweeteners in it. Its not particularly cheap as you have to buy a big tub but it last ages.

LittleEsme Wed 26-Jun-13 18:07:27

Sounds good justpoppy - thanks.

Do they work on the same principle as exante? Will a week on 3 shakes a day work?

Why would you want to exist on 3 shakes a day when you could be eating steak, burgers, cheese, eggs and so on? Sounds like you're looking at low carbing as a quick fix rather than a way of eating for life - in order to lose weight and keep it off it's better to find a way of eating you can sustain in the long term. But hey, you didn't actually ask for that advice, so feel free to ignore it smile If you have to have shakes, anything cream-based would work, I suppose - use water to thin it down, and add some berries and/or green leafy stuff, and perhaps (if not pregnant) a raw egg for protein?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now