Week 8 - Summer Low Carb Bootcamp - Only 3 weeks left!

(541 Posts)
BIWI Mon 17-Jun-13 08:08:57

Morning campers.

Come and confess all on the Spreadsheet of Fabulousness

So only three weeks left. I know that things have been moving quite satisfactorily for some of you, so hopefully these last three weeks can see a few more of those pesky pounds disappear.

I had a bit of an altercation with some sticky toffee pudding this weekend (at the PILs) so I've got my work cut out over the next few days to undo the damage!

Off for a run shortly ...

BlackAffronted Mon 17-Jun-13 09:58:30

<trying again> sad

BlackAffronted Mon 17-Jun-13 10:05:01

I dont touch milk and only eat cheese sparingly, but I really couldnt do this woe without cream! It makes my meals more interesting & tastier. Luckily, when I was losing weight, cream didnt seem to impede me at all.

Hope you are successfully back on the wagon Tiger (and anyone else?)

I resisted the home-made scones & jam etc at a gathering yesterday.

I've learned to be warier of cheese/cream etc but as a non-meat-eater this WOE would be really hard without dairy options. (or very very eggy).

I wasn't very hungry again yesterday:
B - greek yoghurt, some cucumber
L - feta salad
D - not hungry, had some greek yogurt with a couple of strawberries

(very much NOT a dairy-free day then!)

This morning back on eggs for breakfast though.

prettybird Mon 17-Jun-13 10:38:49

Now weighed myself: have lost one pound so am now into three digit territory at 10stone 9lbgringrin. Last time I was here (4 years ago) I vowed I would never go back to a 4 digit weight. Hopefully this time, with this WoE and the support of you lot , I can keep to that! smile

I'll update the spreadsheet when I am back on a PC.

middleagedspread Mon 17-Jun-13 10:38:53

2 lb down for me. I've been quite strict apart from a whole bag of salted almonds last night.
I'm not convinced that cutting dairy for any significant time would be a good idea at my age. I don't want to increase the osteoporosis risk factors.
My Total habit will continue.

BIWI Mon 17-Jun-13 10:48:08

Woo hoo, prettybird! flowers

middledagedspread - if you're still losing at that rate, I'd be inclined to say that your Total habit dairy isn't an issue for you!

maidofmuss Mon 17-Jun-13 10:49:24

Well done middle and other losers. I had my little diatribe at bottom of last thread (altercation with scales) and have yet to decide whether to record an average (which wd be a 1lb loss) or Sts!

CrabbyBigBottom Mon 17-Jun-13 10:57:20

Morning everyone

Tiger and Negroni glad it's not just me feeling different at TOTM. Negroni first period since 2011?! shock Wow that must me a bit of a shock to the system. I still had my usual heavy periods when breastfeeding - first one six weeks post partum. I'd only just stopped bloody bleeding from the birth! angry Most unfair!

Willie I have definitely found PMT to be better on the WOE, it's just the days when I am actually bleeding heavily. Next month if it happens again I might try eating low GI rather than low carb for a couple of days. BIWI and all you menopausal/perimenopausal bods, I guess the one big advantage of menopause is not having the periods to deal with - mine have always been awful.

here I am envy of your burrata. Where did you get it?

Sybil sorry to hear about the redundancy issue. Hope things work out ok.

CrabbyBigBottom Mon 17-Jun-13 11:00:11

Looks like one of bootcamp's rules should be to cut out dairy altogether!

shock shock

Hush now BIWI, that's just crazy talk! wink

middleagedspread Mon 17-Jun-13 11:01:25

Quite Crabby, hit her with her own stick grin

Really interesting info about dairy. I think I would really struggle on this with no dairy. Will def cut back again this week though.

Right. Scalesgate here. My scales has now given up completely. I weighed in and I weigh "Err". Weighed in on another set and weighed 14 5!!!!! Not happy. Am going out later and will get a new battery for my scales.
Desperately hoping it is just the battery. If not I will be buying new scales. Will have to enter my weight on spreadsheet tomorrow.

I feel quite bloated today though. Gurgly tummy too.

Just been for a run. So feel good about that.

Well done on all losses. And chin up those who haven't seen loss on scales. I know well how disheartening it is.

kiwigirl42 Mon 17-Jun-13 11:12:03

hi guys - have lost a pound which I'm pleased with. really feeling lighter when I walk as well.
Had fabulous time at friends wedding and only ate a piece of brownie that was off plan plus a few drinks

tigerchair Mon 17-Jun-13 11:18:56

Hi everyone smile

Well done on all the losses flowers

I've weighed and I've STS but I'm up 1 inch on my waist measurement. Still feeling bloated and period-y but really hoping that I can get back on track from today. Just had a cup of green tea this morning. I'll make some good low carb choices for lunch/dinner and drink loads of water.

Loved the link for the clothes sizing, although I would like to be a 10-12 rather than the 14-12 that is currently being displayed grin

My best match shops were Topshop and Oasis 14's, I rarely shop there so might check Oasis out (way too old for Topshop!!!)

Have a good day everyone x

timidviper Mon 17-Jun-13 11:27:53

I'm with Black on this. I don't like milk, only have a small amount in tea, hate cheese, bleeurgh except for small amounts in cooking and don't like yoghurt much either but I would die without cream on this woe. I have a dash in my scrambled eggs each morning which makes them all smooth and silky and use it a lot in cooking.

Maybe that will change as I have less weight to lose but at the moment me and cream are like Charlton Heston and his guns, "you will have to prise it out of my cold, dead hands"!!!

CrabbyBigBottom Mon 17-Jun-13 11:28:01

Well I'd lost 2lbs during the week but thought I'd cocked it all up this weekend by having half a bottle of red and a small glass of port on both Saturday and Sunday nights. Astonishingly though, I've lost another lb, making 3lb this week. smile

Congratulations pretty on your 3 digit success!

Thanks Nobody I'm going to measure this morning and have a play on that link you posted.

Thank you BIWI for all the great information you post (silly ideas about cheese being anything other than the ambrosia of the gods, excepted), running this thread and the support (and big stick waving) you give us all. smile

In fact, thank you all of you wonderful women for all the support and exchange of ideas and information that happens here! It's a great thread.

Phew, I feel like I've just done one of those Oscar acceptance speeches where the person cries throughout whilst thanking everyone from her parents to the postman. Like Gwyneth Paltrow. grin

<<exits stage left, sobbing uncontrollably>>

Negroni Mon 17-Jun-13 11:36:50

Ok weighed and sad to say that I have bounced up from my just over 10. 11 on Friday and now scales say 10.11 and seven eighths! So I think I will record (very reluctantly, I might add) as 10.12.

So after uber camping for 3 days and eating cheese for 4, it is a 2 pound loss. Nothing amazing but am trying to be happy about it even though I was secretly hoping for some kind of 4 pound loss miracle. Still it is definitely into the 10 stones territory, last seen in 2010 (even more a distant memory than my period). Hopefully I can stay down in the tens now, even though I have a big do at the weekend which will definitely involve lots of booze and probably a lot worse!

Crabby - know that seems ages. It was end 2011, got pregnant v start of 2012, breastfed till this april, then nothing till now. With DD1 whom I breastfed longer, I think I had a period free 2 years, which was v good indeed!

V interesting read on the dairy link BIWI . I suspect I am one of those people who should probably be sticking to mainly cream and butter, or at v least watch my dairy intake.

Negroni Mon 17-Jun-13 11:42:43

And well done to everyone for their losses! kiwi, Crabby, middle, pretty sorry if I have missed anyone - the thread moves so fast!

Maid - I sympathise lots. I hate it when the scales don't play ball and bounce back for no good reason at all.

Thanks v much for the new thread BIWI it is a great help in making sure that I keep on keeping on.

So. Today is not going well. humf. I fell asleep on the sofa with DS this morning so I missed my slot at the gym, my glasses have snapped in half, I have at least 5 loads of washing to do my house is filthy and my head feels full of fog and rage. And DM is arriving imminently. I might cry.
Breakfast was a protein shake with cream and peanut butter and I'm having a bulletproof coffee now to try and straighten my mushy head out. sad
No idea what I'll be eating for the rest of the day. Must resist TGI's sweet potato fries <sob>

SamanthaJones Mon 17-Jun-13 12:08:54

Hello, is anyone on this thread going to keep going beyond the 3 weeks you have left?

I've got so much left to lose that I need to keep on this phase 1 for at least another 6 months (I've one 6 months so far) but that's fine!

SamanthaJones Mon 17-Jun-13 12:09:33

And I'm too embarrassed to post on the spreadsheet, I hope you don't mind my joining the thread anyway

SamanthaJones Mon 17-Jun-13 12:10:15

Btw anyone missing crisps I've been buying Posh pork scratchings, they're lush! Will link.

SamanthaJones Mon 17-Jun-13 12:10:54
tigerchair Mon 17-Jun-13 12:11:29

Aww, bullet, hope your day starts to improve very soon.

Thanks BIWI for the new thread and all the support (and to everyone else too) smile

Feel like I'm getting back to me again, will have to be way better prepared next month with strategies for the carb cravings.

Another dairy question! - Is is ok to use something like almond milk/lactose free milk instead of the regular stuff?

tigerchair Mon 17-Jun-13 12:13:10

Samantha, I want to lose just over a stone so I'll still be on the plan for some time still.

SamanthaJones Mon 17-Jun-13 12:17:08

I've lost 2.5 stone since January but I've got loads more to go. Booze is my downfall.

But this weekend I have resisted cake, trifle, yum yums and toast.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now