Low carbing and falling of the wagon...

(10 Posts)
MyBloominMarvellousYoni Fri 14-Jun-13 22:38:40

I've completely fallen off the wagon. I've eaten a disgusting amount over the last week.

Tomorrow I'm back to it. I love this WOE I just need to get through the first few days again.

BIWI Fri 14-Jun-13 08:47:14

There's absolutely no point weighing yourself at the end of the day - all you're doing is weighing the food and drink that you have consumed!

MyBloomin - get back on the wagon, have a couple of super strict days - lots of water/plenty of fat and some exercise - and it will soon disappear. As ChippingIn says, mostly what you have done is to re-fill your glycogen stores, which can account for about half a stone. These stores are for your body to draw on when it needs extra energy, which is why a bit of exercise, or harder exercise if you already do some, will help. But the critical thing is to get back into fat-burning mode asap.

BlackAffronted Fri 14-Jun-13 08:43:34

Chipping, I was back to my last-bootcamp weight last week though! and am now 12lbs up from that in just a week. It does fall off easily though, I know, I just need to keep at it.

JakeBullet Fri 14-Jun-13 08:11:44

Am totally off the wagon and angry with myself because I fel considerably healthier when low Carbing. I find it too hard though, or maybe that is "just too hard at the moment". Eating three meals and two snacks a day is easier than low carb right this moment in time.

ChippingInWiredOnCoffee Fri 14-Jun-13 08:07:46

Black - come on. It has been considerably longer than a week that you have been struggling to stay on the wagon! Be honest with yourself... no judgement there AT ALL - it's not easy at times, but you honestly cannot say you have put on almost a stone in a week after perfectly low carbing for ages before that.

<pulls Black back onto the wagon & ties her down until ketosis sets in properly again and she's back to LOVING this WOE and extoling its virtues!!>

HappyMum Oh god yes, first thing, after any toileting for sure!!

Bloomin how are you doing??

BlackAffronted Fri 14-Jun-13 08:01:24

Im up 12lbs by eating rubbish for a week sad

Happymum22 Thu 13-Jun-13 00:12:31

Did you weigh yourself at a time of day you don't usually (like before bed?!) ?
I've found my weight changes a few kg between morning and night.
I weigh myself each morning first thing after waking and going to the loo (I get a nice smaller number than at night which makes me feel better :D)

Definitely just water weight/scales. Don't let it crack you, fight it back and in a few days you will be on track again.

MyBloominMarvellousYoni Tue 11-Jun-13 21:40:44

Ah phew!!!
I am back to it today and will be drinking lots of water.

I was so disheartened when I read the scales. Logically I can't have put on a stone because my trousers aren't any tighter.

Thank you smile

ChippingInWiredOnCoffee Tue 11-Jun-13 21:36:29

No - buy some new scales!!

Up to half a stone, maybe, but most of the weight will be a glycogen store, so not fat - and will come off with a few days of low carbing and drinking water smile

MyBloominMarvellousYoni Tue 11-Jun-13 21:30:38

I have been low carbing for a month now and lost nearly a stone, I stook to it rigidly and felt really good.

I had guests over at the weekend and ate far too much, most of it was carbs.
My scales now say I have put back on the stone - in 3 days!!!!!!

Is this possible? Do I really have to start over?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now