Week 7 - Summer Low Carb Bootcamp - Hurtling to the Finish Line!

(454 Posts)
BIWI Cote D'Ivoire Mon 10-Jun-13 08:32:28

Morning everyone. Hope you all had a good weekend and that there wasn't too much cheating! grin

Here is the Spreadsheet of Fabulousness

So we have four weeks left. Time to shed a good few more pounds if you stick to the rules

I go on holiday in less than three weeks, so it's nose to the grindstone for me from now on.

NobodyPutsMyBabyInTheCorner Mon 17-Jun-13 11:35:53

I would of eaten it Willie! Yes I've always been very good with water so drinking 2ls isn't a problem. I think I would of given in to carbs if I didn't measure myself!

I have 9 weeks until a big event so am planning on losing a stone, I hope I can.

I put a 'c' in my diary next to a time every time I feel a craving. They're getting less and less now smile

maidofmuss Mon 17-Jun-13 08:48:21

that was supposed to be hmm!

maidofmuss Mon 17-Jun-13 08:33:02

Early to work this morning too for me. Hope you managed to close that yoghurt lid Willie - I'm such a greedy guts I'd probably have worked my way through most of it!
Love that link Nobody's - just spent 5 mins or so having a play around on it – proves why I never dare pick up a pair of TopShop jeans. Just had a flashback moment to communal changing rooms in places like Chelsea Girl (did that become River Island by the way?) Anyone else old enough to remember the horror of those? [That's why I didn't reply to your TOM post straight off crabby - am trying to ignore the trials of irregular periods and hot flushes... [hmn]
My scales didn't behave well this morning – after registering 11st 12 on Friday, Saturday and yesterday morning and despite not cheating yesterday, they decided to give me a 12st again. Bastard scales must know it's a Monday. Can't decide whether to try again tomorrow as feel a bit miffed to register a STS weight AGAIN!
Oh well...
Happy Monday everyone!

BIWI Cote D'Ivoire Mon 17-Jun-13 08:09:25

good plan Nobody, making sure you take your measurements too. are you drinking plenty of water?

i leave the house at 6am so usually take my breakfast with me and eat it at my desk. this morning i forgot it so i popped into sainsbury's for one of the 170g pots of total yoghurt. they had run out, so i bought a big 500g pot. i'm sitting at my desk with this huge pot of full fat greek yoghurt, tucking in grin

(i obviously won't eat it all!)

NobodyPutsMyBabyInTheCorner Mon 17-Jun-13 07:38:45

My measurements prompted me to show you all this link.

NobodyPutsMyBabyInTheCorner Mon 17-Jun-13 07:34:56

Sorry thighs are 24" not 23"!

NobodyPutsMyBabyInTheCorner Mon 17-Jun-13 07:33:54

Just WI and have lost nothing. I was absolutely brilliant all weekend so feeling quite disheartened. sad

I decided to measure myself, which I'm really glad I did as it's showed that my hard work has not been lost.

Waist- 28"- no change
Hips- 35"- 1" less
Thighs 23"- 0.5" less

smile

herecomesthsun Mon 17-Jun-13 05:50:21

BIWI -I was wondering what the physiological problem would be specifically with dairy though. I can see that grains are very starchy and so you get a high insulin response etc, but I don't understand why you would be getting such a response with cheese or cream or yoghurt.

ToomuchIsBackOnBootcamp Mon 17-Jun-13 00:15:56

I can def vouch for reduced PMS and reduced cramps when I am properly on this woe. I do still get cravings for stodge (more of the bread than sweetie variety) just as my period starts but if I resist I find the whole thing much easier to deal with. I do wonder if many more of us are gluten sensitive/intolerant than we realise. I def feel much less bloated without the bread/pasta.

BIWI Cote D'Ivoire Sun 16-Jun-13 23:12:39

herecomesthsun - the theory is that we haven't evolved properly to deal with dairy or grains. Some people can tolerate dairy more than others. So if you find that your weight loss is stalling, it's always worth considering dropping the dairy. (Having said that, yoghurt is sometimes more well tolerated than cream/milk/cheese)

prettybird Sun 16-Jun-13 22:56:24

Like BIWI and Cider, I too no longer have to worry about periods - although the counterpoint to that was that I was really pleased at the impact that this WoE had on my waist, as the menopause and too much eating the wrong stuff had thickened my waist blush

now, what do you do with a mooncup that is no longer required?! grin

Agree with cider - plenty of water for those struggling

And plan your absolute favourite meals for the next few days. Someone has said on an earlier thread that if your meal is half-arsed and you're not in the swing of it then you are at a much higher risk of wagon-toppling. Once you're back in ketosis and broken the bad habits a mediocre mean here and there is less of a problem

Periods really do test you - I'm a few days away from mine and my appetite has ramped up. The only thing to say is that if I do keep close to bootcamp rules my period pains and mood are considerably better than if I don't. Easier said than done I know, but it is an incentive for me

Sympathies to those of you suffering TOTM. I'm like Biwi and periods are but a distant memory! Thank god!

DH amazed that I have not touched wine all weekend. I had a sip of his g&t as a treat but was happy with that.

B - far too much Lidl yoghurt with raspberries, flaxseeds and cream
L - courgette, asparagus and feta salad with a dollop of egg mayo and a spoonful of coleslaw with a pork chop and some chorizo pâté
D - roast lamb, roast veg, mashed turnip and a v small amount of cauliflower cheese. Had a soup spoon of gravy too - Bisto I'm afraid. But it was only a soup spoon full.

Lots of water.

Crabby the pork belly sounds fab. Looking forward to the recipe!

Good luck to those of you hopping back on the wagon. Drink loads of water to flush out the rubbish. Eat if you are hungry.

herecomesthsun Sun 16-Jun-13 22:34:13

Why is dairy such a problem anyway? Or is it just that if you cut out another tranche of stuff you could potentially eat, you are liable to eat less food overall?

tigerchair Sun 16-Jun-13 21:28:31

Negroni, I need saving from myself today...and a big padlock for the cupboard!!!

decaffwithcream Sun 16-Jun-13 21:27:21

Nappyaddict, that sounds like the right yoghurt - the alpro soya one I don't find a treat at all/ It's also pretty low fat whereas lidl one has 10g fat per 100. Watch out for the individual ones - they are somewhat higher in carbs than the bucket despite supposedly being the same yoghurt confused. Although useful if on the go.

Shame about the sausages - continue examining the labels of sausages in every shop you go into and you should find a low-carb one where you least expect it!

I am struggling with reducing dairy and peanut butter appears to be becoming its replacement.

Negroni Sun 16-Jun-13 21:12:02

Tigerchair, I am liking your line! and coveting your quavers

tigerchair Sun 16-Jun-13 20:47:14

Right, I have just had a bag of Quavers waaaahhhhhh!!!! blush

Drawing a line under today and will be back tomorrow, probably heavier but with motivation again, hopefully...

See you all tomorrow x smile

herecomesthsun Sun 16-Jun-13 20:41:54

I have located and devoured a burrata! Very silky and yummy, mmm. I'm afraid I had one for breakfast, all by itself, with a spoon. Very filling!!

BIWI Cote D'Ivoire Sun 16-Jun-13 20:41:49

It's one of the great advantages of being menopausal! No longer have periods, thank the fuck. <technical term>

Negroni Sun 16-Jun-13 20:25:55

Sending good vibes out to all those jumping back on wagon!

It is also TOTM for me and is a bit of a shock. Is first TOTM - because of pregnancy and breastfeeding - since 2011! I definitely feel like having comfort food - like slice of cake and hot chocolate. BUT will not speak further about these delicious carby foods on here. Instead am planning raspberries, a couple of strawberries and whipped cream and crossing fingers that 3 days of heavyish dairy and TOTM do not mean rubbish result on scales tomorrow.

tigerchair Sun 16-Jun-13 20:08:46

Thebest and ruprekt, yes...back to the rules tomorrow for me too!

Ruprekt Sun 16-Jun-13 20:06:20

Thanks people! smile

Bootcamping again tomorrowso will have

B eggs with mayo

L chicken salad

D steak with swede mash and buttered courgettes

Water water water

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now