Week 7 - Summer Low Carb Bootcamp - Hurtling to the Finish Line!

(454 Posts)
BIWI Mon 10-Jun-13 08:32:28

Morning everyone. Hope you all had a good weekend and that there wasn't too much cheating! grin

Here is the Spreadsheet of Fabulousness

So we have four weeks left. Time to shed a good few more pounds if you stick to the rules

I go on holiday in less than three weeks, so it's nose to the grindstone for me from now on.

CrabbyBigBottom Mon 10-Jun-13 10:29:00

I agree that the winds have been bloody cold - north easterly and really cutting, even with lovely blue skies.

WhyIRayLiotta Mon 10-Jun-13 10:37:41

Yes willie I will. It's all I have in for breakfast today though. (Supermarketing later)
I think the 2lbs are from my weekend away - so I am not too surprised.

Negroni Mon 10-Jun-13 10:39:33

Hello, my first week on the spreadsheet and I am 154lbs/ 11 stone - please can I be added to the spreadsheet? Thank you!

Thanks BIWI for the encouragement. Just wish - like everyone, I am sure - that weight would drop off faster! When I got on the scales this morning, they wobbled around the 10 stone 13 mark before settling at 11 stone and was a bit gutted as haven't been under 11 stone for over 2 years so fingers crossed for next week.

This week on a strictish bootcamp - no berries, no dairy (except butter), no booze, in last ditch attempt to drop pounds before buying outfit for an event. Is anyone else having a strictish week too?

couch25cakes Mon 10-Jun-13 10:41:15

Willie, can you enter my 2lb loss when you're next on the s/s please? It's too hi tech for my work software.

Negroni - I am! Avoiding dairy too and no booze or berries. Lots of water too.

Will also be taking magnesium and vit c to ward of constipation which I am prone to on this way of eating.

daisychicken Mon 10-Jun-13 10:48:42

Could someone add me to the SS please - I can't seem to do it on the iPad. Last week was 9st6, I haven't weighed this week yet.

Had a blip last night.. went to a friends and had chocolate.... I would have had peanuts as a snack but DH bought nut m&m's for some unknown reason - he knows I'm low carb'ing.......

Yesterday:
B/L: bacon and egg
D: turmeric chicken with green beans
S: handful peanuts, yog & berries & drasted m&m's

Today:
B: yog & berries, small piece cheese
L: asparagus quiche & salad
D: L/O turmeric chicken with green beans
S: handful peanuts

Negroni Mon 10-Jun-13 11:03:49

Cider - excellent. We must encourage each other! This morning did not start so well as had half a cup of coffee DP had made me before realising that it had milk in so I am going to have to be extra vigilant. I think I have just got used to eating slices of cheese here and there... and having a small glass of red wine/ mini whisky of an evening.

So far 2 scrambled eggs for breakfast and a lunch of mackerel and brocolli - which is not yet filling me with excitment. Peanut M&Ms on the other hand....

timidviper Mon 10-Jun-13 11:10:06

Couch Your DH sounds like mine, he has a scorched earth approach to gardening, I have lost more plants to him weeding (i.e. pulling out anything green) and trimming (i.e. hacking) than I care to remember.

I have been away this weekend and eaten disgustingly (I should be posting BIWI forgive me for I have sinned!) but weighed before I went so now have a week to repair the damage grin

ToomuchIsBackOnBootcamp Mon 10-Jun-13 11:14:54

Morning all. Struggling today as I only got about 3 hours sleep due to horrible period pain and insomnia. I had drunk 3 glasses of water when I first got up without realising, so will weigh tomorrow. Child delivered to school with correct kit and books, dog walked and home for a big breakfast and maybe a power nap in a wee while
B 2 sausages, egg, mushrooms and a couple of baby tomatoes, all fried in butter with a splash of oil (to stop the butter burning)

I'm going to weigh in tomorrow, O forgot to weigh before gym so I didn't bother this morning.

thebestpossibletaste Mon 10-Jun-13 11:47:06

Thanks for adding me to the spreadsheet. I've added my weight in as starting today (although have been eating strict low carb for the past five days and lost 2 and 1/2 lbs when I weighed myself this morning so pleased with that, as I've had had horrendous period cramps and cravings all weekend, but didn't give in).

Yesterday I had bacon, an egg and fried tomato for breakfast, just some parma ham for lunch and fried chicken with salad for dinner. Drank lots of black decaff coffee and water. Had a small snack later of 2 rashers bacon and one fried egg later as I was craving something sweet!

middleagedspread Mon 10-Jun-13 11:58:46

Morning All
4lbs down for me this week, although due to my carb party at half term I think it's the equivalent of week one for my body.
Have been strict with the 80% & Salted Almonds.
Onwards & downwards.

Negroni Mon 10-Jun-13 12:03:05

Willie - thank you for adding me to the spreadsheet smile

TrixyPixie Mon 10-Jun-13 12:42:34

Hello - can I join you? I have been lurking and feeling inspired. Now is time to go for it myself! Lots and lots and lots to lose.

I have LC'd relatively successfully before but I tend to fall off the wagon when I hit week 3/4 and STS. Finding BIWI's comments on this very reassuring and will see any plateaus out this time.

Have added myself to spreadsheet.

Breakfast of 2 pieces of bacon, 2 fried eggs and creamy mushrooms was so lovely I almost licked the plate!

Good luck to everyone weighing today.

maidofmuss Mon 10-Jun-13 12:45:36

Hi all!
middle - that's a great weekly loss. Well done you!
Crabby - huge pat on back for going without painkillers – really impressive. Would be great if you can reduce the dose
Cider and Negroni - am going to try to strict bootcamp too for next three days as do want to lose more and get in that skirt!
My scales were wayward again this morning. Fluctuated between 11st13 and 12st 2, so am going to put myself down as 12st 1 - which is a llb up for me. A bit dispiriting but then I did drink/eat bit too much over the weekend so I've only myself to blame. New day today.
B/L (had to rush out) scrambled eggs and mushroooms in butter
D tbc May see if the Sainsbury deal on lamb steaks still on and have with buttered greens

prettybird Mon 10-Jun-13 12:52:38

Adding myself to this thread but not going to weigh in until tomorrow nothing to do with the amount of wine I drank over the sunny weekend, oh no, not me winkhmm]blushgrin

EwanHoozami Mon 10-Jun-13 12:53:14

Just popping in to say hello - I've been off-plan for a while due to RL stuff but am getting back on track today.

B - total yog
L - smoked salmon scraps and basil omelette
D - spinach and paneer curry

Welcome, trixy

CrabbyBigBottom Mon 10-Jun-13 13:10:11

Thank you Maid! smile smile I thought nobody was going to give me the validation I was craving! grin

Just worked out that I've been on them (co-proxamol for first five years or so, then co-dydramol) for over 25 years. shock shock I'm pretty vigilant about how many I take, but it's terrifying to think of how I was when I was a teenager - I took them like smarties and was drinking a lot too. My poor adolescent liver. sad

NewStartNewStory Mon 10-Jun-13 13:19:44

Crabby - be aware that weaning yourself off them after you have been on them so long might result in withdrawal headaches in the short term. Codine is highly addictive. That said i am currently back taking it as i really do feel like i have been hit by a bus today. I am planning on not doing too much now. Just paperwork. Although sleep is highly tempting.

B: 2 eggs scrambled
L: 2 sausages and a fried egg.

anchovies Mon 10-Jun-13 13:27:41

Hey all, STS this week but have been on holiday so am pleased overall. Stuck to the rules but did drink a fair bit of wine. Still very pleased to be a full stone down though!

ZimboMum Mon 10-Jun-13 13:37:31

Hi all, signing in. Sts this week which is more than I deserve. Onwards and downwards losers. grin

captainmummy Mon 10-Jun-13 13:42:07

Couch25- only wanted to say, it's very hard to kill a buddleia! Even a hard prune will only see it bounce back next year (that's why you see them everywhere along railway sidings - they are unstoppable!)

Crabby - that's great about your back! Any thoughts on why?

Week 7 - not long now

couch25cakes Mon 10-Jun-13 13:55:08

captain - thanks for that. It was strimmed to the ground though but I'll not completely give up on it.

I'm calming down now, think I'll go to the garden centre after work and buy a couple of new shubs. And a pot for my trampled/snapped plant. And I'll present DH with the bill and a set of instructoins for replanting them - if he's paid for and planted them he may at least remember them. As for the trampled plant, I'm wondering whether if I 'bandage' the half snapped stems with something like paper tape and stake them up, if they could recover. It's half upright and half on the ground so not toally dead.

There's someone back from holiday at work and a strawberry and rhubarb crumble cake at the end of the row of desks which I'm doing a good job of ignoring so far.....

muffinheaven Mon 10-Jun-13 14:51:20

Hi, I've been following this for past 2 weeks and have lost 5 lb so far. Can anyone tell me if I just carry on eating as I have been or do I add more carby food in now I'm on week 3 ? I can't find a link to read about week 3 but I seem to have it in my head that I need to do something different this week !! Thanks!!

CrabbyBigBottom Mon 10-Jun-13 14:58:55

Thanks New, I do try to have days free of them as often as possible, (or only take a dose at night), so I don't get tolerant to the point where I get really bad headaches when I don't take them. I usually do get headaches quite often (I expect linked with the codeine and probably dehydration too) which I then took codeine for, of course. hmm I've had fewer headaches overall since I started this WOE, presumably because I'm drinking loads of water, and none at all this week without the codeine! shock

captain thank you. I think it's a combination of things. Firstly my state of mind makes a big difference in both how much discomfort/pain I can tolerate before I reach for the painkillers, and also in my posture (which then exacerbates my back pain if it's bad). When I'm tense and low I've realised how much I hunch and slouch, and I think my pain threshold is lower. When I'm feeling good mentally I will put up with more before I pop the pills. Also, when I'm feeling better my posture is more naturally open, and I make more of an effort to stand and walk well, correct my posture (I have a curved spine so I'm a bit wonky) and do my stretches/exercises. I wish I had as much oomph and dedication to exercise as New has, but I'm a lazy cow. grin

I used to take them most nights, too, as I don't usually sleep well and then the pain would niggle at me. But since I started this WOE I've been sleeping ever so much better, so have cut that out too. smile

All hail low carbing and Bootcamp!
<<bows down >>
grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now