Low carbing for ten days and fainted today, connected?

(6 Posts)
PareyMortas Sat 08-Jun-13 16:44:43

It's wasn't great, but apparently I said 'I'm about to faint, It might look like I'm dead but Ill be back' they've been laughing about it ever since.

I ate a chocolate penguin (bar not animal) to get some sugar in me and then dd made me a toasted bagel, so lots of carbs but it felt like what y body needed.

I've had a very reduced appetite the last few days so probably haven't eaten as much as I should. Last night the kids had fish and chips and I had Donner kebab minus pitta and chilli sauce, I know it's processed but it was junk food/Friday night crap food night and at least carb free. That was 6.30pm and nothing until the faint at 12 11 am .

scarletsalt Sat 08-Jun-13 16:15:12

sorry that should say:
that sounds like a horrible experience

scarletsalt Sat 08-Jun-13 16:14:18

By the way I meant to say to you Parey that I hope you are ok now - that sounds horrible like a horrible experience, and even though fainting is normally pretty harmless, it was probably very scary for your DD.

scarletsalt Sat 08-Jun-13 16:11:57

Ooooh, I am going to join this thread as a similar thing happened to me the other morning. The evening before I had had a delicious meal of salmon veg and creamy/cheesey celeriac mash. Then I went to the gym and did a Body Pump class and a bit of time on the machines. When I got home I was not hungry at all so didnt have anything before bed.

The next day I woke up feeling so low on energy I actually panicked a bit. I got out of bed and my legs totally felt like jelly and like I was going to collapse, and I was getting that head rushy feeling you get when you are not far from fainting. I managed to get downstairs, but caved totally and had two slices of wholemeal bread, peanut butter and a banana blush but I just felt I had to get something inside me that was going to give me some energy pretty quickly. I then felt rubbish for about another hour (which may have been the bread actually) but then felt absolutely fine, and have done since.

So, like Parey I was wondering what this was. I am eating the least amount of carbohydrate I have ever eaten (I was a pasta/bread/potato FIEND up until about 3 weeks ago) and I am enjoying low carbing. I know you are supposed to be able to excercise without carbs, but I didnt know if it was something to do with the fact that I had done some excercise the evening before? Any experts? Dont want to feel that way again this week!

HeySoulSister Sat 08-Jun-13 14:42:09

I would think it was maybe more to do with getting up? You are fasted and would be wether you had eaten carbs or not

PareyMortas Sat 08-Jun-13 13:45:00

I was on the original Bootcamper thread last year under a different name and shifted a couple of stone, went from a size 16 to a 10/12. Recently I couldn't ignore the fact I'd put a stone back on so decided to start again. I've been really enjoying it. This morning I had a lie in everything was good and then I went to the bathroom, my tummy was hurting a bit. Within a minute or two I started to get signs of a faint coming on (I fainted a lot as a child, so lots of experience). DH is away and I was worried about fainting and being found by dc's, luckily I made it to bed without collapsing and managed to call dd1. Then I fainted and according to dd (who was shaken) I was out for a good couple of minutes.

I wasn't hot, have a lovely breeze in the bedroom and had been absolutely fine. The only thing I can think of is th change of diet. Is this likely? Should I stop low carbing? I don't want to as it works well for me, shifts the weight and I felt much better in general last time, but obviously fainting was really horrible today and I can't scare the dc's again. Any ideas? bIWI?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now