Anyone ever low carbed whilst breastfeeding?

(5 Posts)
SanityClause Wed 05-Jun-13 06:06:31

I tried.

I walked down the stairs on the second morning, and after that exertion, I felt I needed a little sit down!

So I stopped, and a few months later I went to a dieting club and lost the weight.

StuntNun Wed 05-Jun-13 04:43:57

I'm going to start next week. From what I've read it's recommended to avoid ketosis as a precaution and to take a supplement. Breastmilk quality won't deteriorate much if your diet is inadequate but it will affect your health if you aren't getting enough nutrients. You also need to make sure you're getting enough calories or your milk supply can dwindle.

IWantToGoToThere Tue 04-Jun-13 20:25:41

Hi, I've been low carbing since just after Easter and have lost over 2 stone. I started when my DS was 7 weeks old and he's thriving. I eat loads of vegetables and drink around 5 litres of water a day. I haven't had him weighed for a while, but at 15 weeks he's nearly out of size 3-6 month clothes so he certainly hasn't suffered from this way of eating!

BIWI Tue 04-Jun-13 13:09:33

As long as you aren't over-zealous in cutting out carbs, I can't see any reason why it wouldn't be possible. After all, what did people do before cakes, chocolate and sweets were invented?!

Clarabell78 Tue 04-Jun-13 13:04:58

Just wondering if this is safe/possible?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now