Week 6 - Summer Low Carb Bootcamp - We've Passed the Halfway Point!

(419 Posts)
BIWI Mon 03-Jun-13 07:51:51

Morning campers!

Lovely weather at last.

Here's the spreadsheet of fabulousness

Come and confess all.

The last couple of weeks have seen quite a lot of slippage and falling off the wagon - a euphemism for cheating! - so I'm not expecting that we're going to see many fabulous losses this week. Indeed, I think many of us are going to feel a bit downhearted when we step on the scales today.

BUT NEVER FEAR!

There are still 5 weeks left, which is plenty of time to get properly back on the wagon and shift a few more of those pesky pounds.

Good luck everyone!

BIWI Mon 10-Jun-13 08:32:50
TheChocolateTeapot Mon 10-Jun-13 08:12:08

Willie - thank you. I'm there now smile

TCT sorry i think you got archived again as you didn't record your weight last week

i think i've added everyone else who needs to be

NewStartNewStory Mon 10-Jun-13 05:30:18

Can anyone guess what breakfast has been? grin Scrambled eggs. Morning. We have sunshine and i am now running late catch up on the new thread later.

TheChocolateTeapot Mon 10-Jun-13 05:25:13

Willie - can't find myself back on the spreadsheet which is a shame as I lost a whopping 4lbs last week and am now 166. Please, please, please put me back on smile

ToomuchIsBackOnBootcamp Mon 10-Jun-13 00:21:07

Well, since we are all confessing our sins this weekend (and this thread will shortly be replaced by week 7) I will list today in all honesty and then run and hide

Brunch asparagus and bacon frittata (v yum)
S carrot cake and coffee
S2 some bits of chip shop fish mostly debattered, from sharing with Ds as his Sunday treat (he had the chips, was not interested in those)
D leftover meatballs from last night with salad

Whoops. Only excuse is I have hideous period pain today and the carrot cake was hormonal eating, definitely. Ack. Now having lots of herbal tea in an attempt to debloat, I look about 5 months pregnant from the side. Roll on menopause!!

milliemoomay Sun 09-Jun-13 23:20:05

oops *took over

milliemoomay Sun 09-Jun-13 23:19:29

Crabby, what are eggs in clouds?

My ex came by on Saturday to see DD and he take over the cooking - thank god! He's a chef --so I blame all my weight on him--made this amazing mackerel 'kebabs' on the BBQ with a guacomole side dish that was indescribable.

I told him I was LC - he said my face has lost weight hmm - what about my bum, I asked?!

I didn't know what to eat today - one of those weird things where I wasn't sure what I wanted to eat so ended up grazing.
B - couple of cold sausages and rocket salad
L - another cold sausage!
D - piece of cheese, and then another. Some olives. Some more salad. (Looked longingly at a Flake)

I'm now desperate to loose weight before the 21st as I have a date. Back to stricter LC next 2 weeks. At least my face will be thin wink

Minifingers Sun 09-Jun-13 23:08:26

Meant to add, can you all ad ire me for saying 'no thanks' to my MIL's offer of a large fluffy slice of her amazing lemon drizzle cake. She'd put it right under my nose too. It was afoot away from my mouth and I still said no.

Minifingers Sun 09-Jun-13 23:05:55

3 lbs down after 1 week on diet with NO exercise. I hope that some vigorous walking this coming week will maintain at least a 2lb loss.

Today
Coffee and cream
Macadamia nuts - 1 packet split for breakfast and lunch
Mid afternoon snack - salami, olives and manchego
Dinner - mince, green beans and grated cheese.

Have melted a tablespoon of coconut oil with one small square of 70% chocolate. Stir then put on tinfoil and leave to set in fridge. Turns into a strangely crunchy and delicious sweet. Amazing mouth feel - hard and melty and rich. I'm having one a day as a treat.

CrabbyBigBottom Sun 09-Jun-13 22:16:56

Bit late now, but you could fit in supper of eggs in clouds New - complete the trio. wink

Maid did you like the yoghurt?

B/L - eggs in clouds with spring onion, feta and parma ham
S - hot spicy nuts with the first glass of wine
D - gammon slow cooked in cider and chicken stock, the juices reduced down and combined with parsley and cream and thickened with a teaspoon of arrowroot. blush Served with mushrooms cooked in butter, garlic and thyme, and roasted broccoli.
Couple of glasses of red wine, loads of water today.

DH (he's my partner, actually, but I can't do capital p on the laptop) was expressing the strong desire for roast potatoes tonight, but I managed to tempt him by suggesting making the sauce creamy and having it with mushrooms etc. He said how delicious it was and I felt pleased with myself - I'll make a low-carber of him yet. wink

BIWI Sun 09-Jun-13 21:39:06

But I'm watching, with my big stick ...

BIWI Sun 09-Jun-13 21:38:48

grin

NewStartNewStory Sun 09-Jun-13 21:31:09

grin that does sound nice decaff

decaffwithcream Sun 09-Jun-13 21:15:39

Have you considered 2 nice poached eggs for supper newstart?

decaffwithcream Sun 09-Jun-13 21:14:11

The weight-inches conundrum is so strange on this WOE - I have seen much more visible fat loss than shows on the scales but still would not have thought it possible to be 11 stone 10 and fit comfortably in size 12 trousers. I knew they would fit as all the 14s I own are now too baggy but it still confuses me - not that I'm complaining just confused

NewStartNewStory Sun 09-Jun-13 20:41:56

Ok i am pretty certain i can predict what biwi and others will say but here goes.
B: slept
L: 2 eggs boiled
T: 2 eggs scrambled

to drink 2 cups coffee and not enough water.

tigerchair Sun 09-Jun-13 20:34:00

Thanks yama, I'll weigh myself in the morn and hopefully Willie can help get me signed up to join you all smile

Yama Sun 09-Jun-13 20:10:45

Prettybird - glad it's not just me. Back to work tomorrow so I've been super strict and been on the water since we got back from the beer garden. smile

Tigerchair - not sure how you add yourself onto the spreadsheet. Hopefully Willie will be along soon and voila! it shall be done.

maidofmuss Sun 09-Jun-13 19:24:59

Hi everyone
Just catching up with the thread. Really liked Willie's bit about resisting sugar!
Hello to those who've been lurking.
I've not exactly fallen off the wagon, more being dragged along behind clutching on for dear life with one hand. Had a couple of glasses of wine last night and then ate far, far too much. All low carb stuff but even so...
Started today with breakfast ala Crabby (yoghurt, berries, flax) but a ridiculously large portion, then cooked meat/salad for lunch. Just about to eat roast chicken dinner (roasts, yorkshires for everyone else but I'll be fine with my cauli mash, green beans etc)
Will be stricter next week to get back on track. Off early in morning for work so will add weight late Monday or Tuesday am
Cider my mum also has dementia – do so understand.

prettybird Sun 09-Jun-13 19:06:18

Yama - I sooooo know where you are coming from. We need to eat, drink and make very merry while the summer lasts ie until tomorrow grinwinegrinwine

Currently still sitting on the patio in my bikini and drinking another a glass of chilled white wine.

tigerchair Sun 09-Jun-13 19:05:49

Hi, I'd like to join too if that's ok? I've been cutting out simple carbs, bread etc for the last few weeks and trying to focus on fat/protein and veg for meals. I've lost half a stone doing this combined with exercise but feel that I'm losing willpower at times so would be great to have some support.

I want to lose another stone which would bring me down to around 9.5 stone which is way better for my height (5' 4").

How do I add my name in? Thanks smile

Yama Sun 09-Jun-13 18:55:26

Jax - I have had a weekend of white wine. It has been scorchio up here in Scotland and as THIS IS IT, this is the three days of summer we get I have made the most of it.

JaxTellerIsAllMine Sun 09-Jun-13 18:48:00

fallen off the LC wagon, big time. I shall return soon. blush

CrabbyBigBottom Sun 09-Jun-13 18:22:18

I pretty much came to that conclusion, BIWI, but hey it's in there now. He only used half the bottle so it's not the end of the world.

Just made some hot spicy nuts, for those of you who eat nuts. They are delicious and had to get DD to take them away from me so that I don't eat them all!
Heat some olive oil in a big frying pan, add chilli flakes, hot smoked paprika, turmeric, freshly ground pepper and sea salt (and whatever other spices you fancy).
Let them sizzle a little, then add your nuts - I used cashews, almonds, macadamia halves and pistachios.
Fry gently for around 5 mins, stirring or tossing frequently so that they don't burn.
When they are getting a little colour, serve and then try not to eat them all at once.
wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now